Chapter 6- A Relationship Has Been Born

Bailey

Its been a month been the bashing and things have been moving smoothly than I thought it would. We moved the after school care to our actual house so we have been doing fine.

The town itself is building back slowly but surely. 

On brighter news, Jonnie bit the bullet and asked Sam out and she said yes. To be honest its weird because now i don't see Jonnie as often as I have so i'm by myself more often. But it also made Reggie free more often as well. 

So we hang out from time to time. But the thing is Reggie's definition of time to time is like everyday. But i didn't mind that much though. She gets me out the house and makes me try new things. 

This weekend she has me in my car driving little ways out of town. The only thing she told me was she had a surprise for me but we have to leave at 3 and to bring extra clothes and towels. 

I thought she was joking....

"How do you expect me to drive and not tell me where we are going?" she sheepishly grins as she looks at her phone. 

"Im not going to lie to you, but.. I actually have never been before." 

"What!?" I say out of shock. "Then why-" 

"I always wanted to go but Sam doesn't want to go with me. So i figured i can go with you. You'll have fun trust me."

"If Sam doesn't like it, its usually for a good reason." She shakes her head with a smile on face. 

"Go left." I sigh heavily and make the turn.  I look around the area that we are driving in and its very mountainous. We randomly park next to some trees. 

"Where is this?" I look around confused. She just smiles and pats my forearm. She gets out the car. She grabs the towels and head toward the lake. "Wow." 

"Isn't it beautiful?" She says as places the towels on a boulder. 

I nod. "We came just to see this?" She starts to unbutton her pants. I just look at her confused. She then takes off her shirt and jumps in the lake her bra and underwear. 

Then it hits me. 

"Come in!" She yells in the water 

"Now I see why Sam didn't want to come." 

"She doesn't like swimming, please don't tell me you don't too?" I walk over to boulder and lean against it. 

"No, I don't mind swimming." 

She gives me this cute smile, "Then join me!" I sigh and slowly take off my shirt. I can't believe i am doing this. Jonnie would be so proud. I put my pants to side and jump in the lake with my boxers. 

I swim over to her. Her smile grows from ear to ear. 

"What?" I ask. 

"I thought you were lying, you really know how to swim."

"Wait so say i was lying.. would you save me?"