Chapter 13: Do Over

Reggie

We walk up to a group of people waiting around with backpacks. 

"Who are they?"  He turns off the car. 

He smiles at me. "You really wanna know?" My eyebrows raise. What has gotten into him!? " I have no idea." He steps out the car. 

"What the fuck he means he has no idea!?" I mutter as I grab my bag. We walk up to the group. 

"Hey you here for the hiking trip?" yells the man up front.  I look at him to see his reaction. He looks at me and sticks his tongue at me.  Another hiking trip?! We walk with them up the trail. This couple walk with us. 

"My name is Haiden and this is my husband Tyler." 

"My name is Regina but people I go by Reggie and my boyfriend Bailey." He nods to them. 

"Its really nice to meet you! Are you guys from around here?" 

"We are from Texas put more south." I explain. 

"Ah we are from California." She says. She looks at Bailey and then looks at me. 

"He doesn't talk much does he?" I look at him as he look at nature. I kick myself mentally. What are the odds something like this would happen. 

"He is shy around new people." I explain. 

"Ah I get that. My husband is the same way. I actually didn't care for him when we first met. I didn't know he existed until he came up to me."

"How did guys start dating?"

"Believe it or not, he came up to me out of no where and told me he liked me. When everyone told me he has never done that before. I became that much more curious. So i said sure and we have together for 3 years and married for 1." 

"We have been only together for 3 months." I say to her. "Any advice?" 

" The advice i would have for him is keep talking.. The moment he stops talking about his feelings and opinions you need to be concerned. And the advice i have for you is, be careful of what you say to him. I feel like for us we say things sometimes because we are angry or frustrated. It can hurt them more than we think." 

She goes on ahead. 

For the rest of the trip we took a lot of pictures. We ended the hike by siting on some rocks by the creek. I drink some water next to Bailey. 

"So hiking.." I say to him. 

"I felt like we needed a do over for the first one." 

"You didn't need to do this... I wouldn't change our story for anything... But i really enjoyed this. Thank you." I kiss him lightly on the cheek. 

After our hiking trip we go back to take a nice hot bath. He pulls my hands to his and kisses them slowly. 

"What did Sam wanted when she called?" He asks me. 

"She just wanted to see what we were up to, nothing big. She is nosey that way." I say. "Do you think they make a cute couple?"

"Sam and Jonnie?" I nod. 

"I was surprised when Jonnie told me he was interested in Sam. He dates but he never chases women like he did with Sam. I thought he was moving too fast to be honest. But for Jonnie there is no such thing as too fast."

"Sam liked him from the get go. I can't believe she fake a sprained ankle to get his attention." 

"Woah wait she faked that!?" I gasp. I wasn't suppose to say anything. I  put my head under water. He lifts me up. "No running now, babe." 

"Don't tell him she will literally kill me." He kisses my shoulder and wraps his arms around me. I lean my head back on his collar bone. 

"I also got the impression Sam is sweet and adorable." I start cackling. I wipe the tear that falls down my face. 

"She would shit bricks if you say to her!" 

"What do you mean?" He looks at me confused. I stand up and get a towel and wrap myself. 

"If you thought i was terrifying... she is worse than me, behind closed doors that is. She is ruthless and huge freak with her boyfriends."

"A freak?" He says in shock. "Remember her comment at the swim meet?" he nods slowly. 

"She is a huge dominant in the bed. Like her last boyfriend broke up with her because of it." 

"And Jonnie is just..."

"Apparently he hasn't complained. If that comes as a shock to you, that would say more on the fact that you may not know Jonnie as well as you think you do." He covers his face and puts his head under water. I laugh and went to get some clothes. 

Dinner comes around and we get dressed up better than usual. He takes me to this lodge looking restaurant with a candle lit on the table. We both sit down and order our food. Something was weird when we were eating though. He seems a lot nervous than usual. 

"Babe..." He looks up at me. 

"Are you okay? You look nervous..." He chuckles to himself.

" I guess i am a little nervous..." 

"Why are you nervous?" He doesn't say anything at first. He drinks some water and eats some of the bread in front of us. 

" I kind of had something I wanted to talk to you about. Its more on the serious side." What on earth is he talking about?

"Okay? What is it that you want to discuss?" I feel like we have been talking a lot the pass two days what more is there to talk about? He sighs heavily and drinks more. "Babe... You are scaring me." 

"What are your plans after high school?" He finally says.