Chapter 10: First Impressions are Everything, but not really

Bailey

Its officially Christmas break and I wanted to take Reggie on our first date. So around the middle of November I completely healed and up until now I have been working with Jonnie and Sam to create the perfect first date for us. For two days I booked us a little cabin to spend time together. 

And to be honest I am freaking out. 

It would be officially my first time alone with a girl for a long amount of time. Jonnie and Sam have been prepping me for a while now so i think i might be okay. 

Might is the key word here. 

At this point have dating Reggie for 3 months now and Jonnie keeps asking us have we done it yet. Which made me realize how dumb he is because I have been recovering this whole time. 

Everything has died down since the shooting at the swim meet and since Victor has been sentenced along with her brother she has been more relaxed that before, which honestly is a huge relief for the both of us. 

But the big question is what is next? What is the next step for us? We are both graduating and neither us know what we want. I am going into this hoping that we both have a clearer issue about what we want in our relationship. 

And I  am terrified because I want this to work. 

Currently Reggie is staying with Sam. I head over there to pick her up. I get the house and knock on the door. Sam opens it with a huge smile on her face. 

"Bailey! Come in Reggie is packing up the last of her things!" I step into the house and wait in the family room. 

"You have a nice house considering its on Riverside." I say to her. 

"Thanks! My parents are actually trying to renovate it." Reggie comes down in a heavy jacket and two bags. 

"Ready!" She says excitingly. She goes down the stairs and drops her bags on the floor and gives me a big hug. 

She puckers her lips for a kiss. I kiss her back. 

"Lets have some fun!" I grab her bags and head to the car. 

"Call me when you get there! I want to make sure you guys get there safely." Sam yells from the house. 

Reggie waves at her and gets in the car. 

We start driving. 

"So where are we going... I heard you, Sam, and Jonnie planned something great for me!" Reggie says excitedly. 

" You will see!" I say as we get on the interstate. After an hour of driving we go and get some dinner at a diner. We sit in a booth and order some food. 

"Tell me something i don't know about you." Reggie says to me. 

"What you don't know about me?" 

"Yes.."

" I really hate my dad." She sips her tea. 

"Why? I want to hear you perspective of your dad. I've heard everyone's else's thoughts but I haven't heard yours." 

"I respected my father he was my idol someone i wanted to be when i grow up. He was very extroverted well loved and respected in society. i was shy since day 1 and i always wished i was him. Around the age of 6 he started the whole riverside separation of citizens. My mother fought him constantly about it but he wouldn't budge and ultimately she even gave up. We would get hate mail and death threats from Riversiders. We even had bricks thrown through our windows."