Chapter 11

As Marina and I sweep the floor of the barber shop, we sing Wildwood Flower by the Carter family. To us it doesn't matter that we are both not talented in the musical department, we just liked to fool around with each other. We also didn't mind that Marina's brother, Alex, listened to us as he played the piano. 

We weren't expecting many people to come today so that's why we were playing around. Being around Marina brings out my youth and liveliness. We loved to act frivolous and irresponsible together; I can't tell you how many times we have been scolded by the uptight wives and school teachers. 

As Marina and I dance around each other, I reach up and undo the bun in my hair and let my hair down. I shake it free as Marina and I wildly laugh at each other as we continue to sing a Spanish song that Marina had taught me. We sing loudly and carefree, enjoying ourselves very much. 

Marina reaches for my hand and we dance together for a few short seconds before she twirls me away from her and to my surprise I run into a hard body. 

I smile once I recognize Ethan's handsome stature. 

I look up at him with a crazy smile as he looks down at me with a surprised one, but then he grabs my hand and holds my waist and whisks me around. I throw my head back with laughter as Ethan and I dance around Marina, as me and her continue to sing the song, but I'm surprised to hear Ethan join along with us. 

My eyes can't decided whether to look at Ethan's eyes or lips as his heavenly voice continues to sing. I was genuinely impressed with his voice, I had never even heard him hum before. I thought I was already in love with his voice, but now, I'm obsessed. "You have a lovely voice." I say sweetly as the song comes to an end. 

"You're surprised?" He jokes with me, making me blush. 

"I shouldn't be; a lovely voice should be expected with such a handsome and charming man." I say as I play with the ends of his hair. His lips slowly tug into a smile as he leans down and places a kiss on my lips. It's short and sweet, but very heart warming. When he pulls back I give him a look, "Can you strum cords?" He nods slowly, I move closer to him. "Should have said no, because now I expect a song every night from you." 

Ethan doesn't look phased about my idea, "I'd be delighted to sing to you," He says and then a devil smirk pulls on his lips as he leans down and whispers in my ear, "Right after we make love and lie naked under the sheets."

His comment brings a fiery blush to my cheeks and my body starts to ache for him, thank the Lord we were somewhere public. Ethan lifts his head to see my reaction, when he sees my flustered look he laughs and just pulls me closer to him.  

This man is unreal. 

I watch my father cut the bread as we sit down in his office, ready to eat our early dinner. We were having spaghetti and Italian bread. It's nice to spend quality time with my father, especially when Earl and Butch aren't around us. I truly think they are obsessed with my father. They are always in the office, rarely with their own friends or families. 

"So how is that colt coming along?" My father asks me as he sits down. 

I sigh thinking about my new feisty white and brown paint yearling that the tribe had gifted me, knowing I hadn't had the pleasure of training a Indian painted horse. Let me tell you, it was a twisted gift. "He definitely knows my limits."

"I didn't think you had any limits." My father says confused. 

I smile at him and decide to change the topic, "It's been pretty quiet around here, yeah?"

"It's always quiet around here Mags, that's why I moved us here long ago." He says as he twirls his noodles around his fork and raises it to his mouth.