Chapter 21

I open my eyes, expecting to feel some sort of pain in my body, but I feel none. My eyes travel from my boots, to the dirt, to Ringo's body laying on the ground. But he wasn't dead. He rolls to his side, his hand pressed against his shoulder. When I see his blood soak into the dirt, I feel this rush of over whelming power inside me. This is finally it. But as I take my first step, I see something move from the top of my vision. Before I can even react to Dale raising his gun towards me, a shot rings out. 

Dale's body tumbles down the stairs onto the ground, blood coming out of his mouth and smoke coming off Wyatt's gun. He still has his arm extended as he looks my way, earning a grateful nod from me. My heart pounds loudly in my chest as I walk to Ringo. All of this time hunting him down and it's finally coming down to the seconds, all for you mama. 

When he sees me coming to finish the job, he reaches for his pistol. However, my foot crushes down onto his wrist, pressing down as hard as I could. As the pain increased, I enjoyed watching the pain he showed on his face. This pain is nothing to what he inflicted onto me and my mother. He doesn't know what is coming for him. 

"You said you wanted to see what I looked like." I say as I kick his pistol away from him. "But now I want you to see what I look like." I say, using my finger to undo the knot of my rag, letting it fly away in the wind as I keep my head down for only him to see. His eyes go wide, "My mother was the one who forged that scar into your arm.. remember me? Now I'm going to leave a permanent hole in your chest." I say as I cock the hammer back on my pistol, pointing the barrel to his heart. 

"That was a long time ago, please!" I removed my hat, hearing the gasps and whispers which fuels the fire inside me. 

Before he can breath again I pull the trigger, "My mother didn't get to say please." I watch the useless light of his eyes finally burn out. My finger still squeezes the trigger as I watch the blood soak through his dirty shirt, watching the rivers of red flow onto the dirt. The dirt of my town. "Rot in hell, Ringo." I say, swinging the gun away from him and to my side. 

I look up to where the three most important men in my life stood, "Maggie?" My father's voice breaks. 

My knees finally break under me, my bum crashing into the ground as my hands shake so bad, making my gun fall beside me. Tears begin to slowly run down my face when I realize my life's mission is now finally over, I finally fulfilled my promise to my mother. 

When I feel arms tightly wrap around my whole upper body, I instantly recognize Ethan's stature and comfort. I grab onto his shirt and softly cry into his jacket as he rocks me back and forth. "I'm here, I'm here.."

It really doesn't take me long to calm down, I just needed a couple a moments to comprehend what I had just done. I pull my head out of Ethan's chest, when looks at me with sympathy, knowing how much this meant to me. "You scared the hell out of me!!" He shouts lovingly, using his thumbs to wipe away my tears. Then his lips go into a straight line, thinking about something. But then he kisses me, with a driven amount of passion and love. 

After I pull away I lightly chuckle, "Me too." But another tear falls, realizing I could have been killed. I wouldn't be sitting here with Ethan right now and I wouldn't feel an amazing amount of relief lifted of my shoulders. "Help me up." Ethan lifts me up by my hands, then wrapping his arm around my waist to stabilize me if needed. I see my dad sitting on the steps to his office, "Oh god, he's going to be so pissed." I say to Ethan as we walk over to him. 

I sit next to my father on the step, looking up at Ethan, "I'll go help Butch and Earl." He says, turning to leave as I look at my father who has a shocked, pale complexion, rightfully so.