Chapter 3

I walk to the seat and sit down, not seeing another option I could do since the only entrance is blocked, and I couldn't fight my way out of that, not even with my "unique" talent. Dr. Braxton clears his throat.

"So, I'm sure you're all curious as to why you're here, and well, where here is" A white screen rolled out of the thing hanging from the ceiling as he brought out a pointer. When it was fully out, a slide show was projected on the screen. I looked around to see where the projection was coming from, but I couldn't find where. The doctor seemed to notice my curiosity, and said out loud,

"This is not a projection screen, but a television as thin as paper". Mutters went all around as he said this, and one kid sitting right next to me wanted question this logic.

"That's impossible, parts for tvs are thicker than one hundred sheets of paper stacked on up of each other", says a tall, dark skin boy with golden hair and dark brown eyes. He was lean, tall, and muscular, and his voice was smooth and calm, all things considered. He wore a white and black striped tank top and black ripped shorts. Dr. Braxton chuckled.

"Here at Zodiac Island, we push the limitations of science" The screen that was black suddenly went blue with white lines, showing a diagram of the blueprints of the tv.

"Imagine this technology we have acquired here being used for more than entertainment". The screen transitions over to a video of soldiers firing guns forward, lead by a white man with black hair and red eyes and a black woman blonde hair and sky blue eyes, wearing a uniform with a flag I've never seen. They charged forward.

The man jumped out of screen and in his place what came down was a wolf the size of a moose, snarling and rushing forward while the woman leaves the ground and hovers over her fellow soldiers, shooting lighting bolts from her hands at the unseen enemy. It cuts to them and their fighters standing on a hill with the same unfamiliar flag, all their hands on it. Then it goes to the White House, its front yard filled with people, with current deadbeat president in front of it shaking the mans hand while the woman clearly couldn't hide her disgust. The president held out his hand to her, but instead she lifts her arms and cheers into the crowd, and getting an outrageous amount of cheers and applause. The video finally ends, and Dr. Braxton smiles toward us.

"That flag that you saw, that's the flag of the Gemini Project, and you all will proudly stand and fight for that flag".

I look down and hear a voice I thought I'd never hear.

"You want us to be soldiers?", Logan questions him. "We're humans, not weapons".

"Well, define 'human', Logan Fielding", he responds with a cruel smile. She shrinks back into her seat as she looks at him with pure hate in her eyes.

"She's is not wrong. Project Gemini is a experiment funded by nations all around the world. They allowed us to come into their country to extract all personal with 'unique' abilities for the benefit of their country. When we're done here, every single one of you would be fighting for peace and unity with everyone across the seven continents". Another wave of mutters went through the crowd, when a girl close to Logan stood up.

"This goes against so many principles of freedom. We are not slaves to your stupid projects, and it seems you and your soldiers don't have those abilities you talked about". Her eyes changed from green to purple, and her pale skin, her green flannel, her jeans, and black Nikes radiated purple energy. She raises her hands as a ball of violet forms in both hands and was about to throw them when they disappeared, along with her purple aura. She looks scared as she tries again and again, with no success.

Ezekiel calmly says, "Your powers will not work as long as I'm around to tame them". He holds out his hand to show a black obsidian ring with purple swirling inside, then it evaporates.