Chapter 5

Gunshots ring out at us. The soldiers who ran away came back with reinforcements. Screams ring out from the teenagers as everyone runs. I raise a wall of the ground below to protect everyone from the gunfire. I see bodies lying around, their bodies shaking violently. This aren't ordinary bullets, I think. 

"No one fight back, don't let this people know what you're capable of, its your weapon when we bust out of here!", I yell at everyone. Austin transforms again.

"They already know mine, might as well use it". He flies up, kicking up dirt, charging the guards. I hear yells through the shield that don't sound like him. Hope rises in my chest, but falls quickly as I hear a gravelly yell and a loud thud.

I turn towards Logan, "This bullets aren't normal, they don't kill. I think its a smaller version of the ring, just more painful and more side effects"

She nods, "What do we do, then?"

"We can't do anything, those bullets will get us before we get to them. This wall won't last forever, and we're outmatched as long as we're on this island", I reply as sweat trips down my chin.

She looks around concerned. "I'll try my best to let them know to stop". She steps out of the wall and waves her hands violently. The guns cease fire as I lower our defense. I raise my hands, and everyone seems to do the same. Soldiers go around and wrap thick handcuffs with lights around our wrist, and they pick up the fallen kids and drag them out of the arena. Logan suddenly crumples as I notice her leg bleeding. I run towards her.

I kneel next to her, "Logan?!", I yell. Her eyes shutter open, but then she breaks into a shaking fit. Two guards hold me back as two other guards pick her up and drag her with the rest. I tried pulling the handcuffs apart, I tried to move the earth, make fire, but nothing worked because of the handcuffs. The man who picked up Logan in the train appears out of the entrance.

"These handcuffs suspend your powers as long as they're on". He looks at me. "Good call to surrender, it's a fight you can't win, kid. Trust me". He turns around and exits the arena, leaving guards to escort us who haven't been shot through the everlasting hallways. We lose some people who's guards taken them a different direction than the group. A small few of us are left when we reach a dead end with 6 doors, 3 on each side. Instead of windows, these had cell bars about head height.

"This is where you will be staying", said the female guard who was escorting me with brown hair and tan skin with hazel, squinted eyes. The boy who spoke about the tv, the girl whose powers were taken away, and another boy, short and skinny with black, round glasses and pure black eyes that worked well with his blonde, buzzed hair wearing a Green Day shirt with black skinny jeans with zippers on them, were shoved into the 3 rooms on the left, and me and a girl, more on the bigger side with tan, white skin, her blonde hair and yellow eyes matching in color, and her white cheerleading shirt of her school, I assume, pairs well with her mom jeans with holes in them, were put into the rooms across the others. 

My guard let me walk on my own in the room, and whispered to me, "Listen kid, I don't like this job, hurting people and all. Just letting you know"

"What's your name?", I ask.

"Noel", she replies while leaving the room. She turns back, "We know a lot about everyone here, Greyson Yang. Keep that in mind". She shuts and locks the door before joining the other guards.

"What took you so long?", one female guard asked Noel

"I just wanted to make sure that  their 'leader' knows who's in charge", she says. Their footsteps recede farther and farther away. 

"Hey, Avatar!", I hear the girl whose powers were taken speak. I move towards the bars in my door. I see her through her bars across from me.

"What are our options?", she asked. 

"I'm wondering that too", the boy who spoke about the tv seconds. 

I hear shuffling next to  me as a high voice says, "Yeah, you said we'll bust out"

A deep voice booms, "Whatever you need, we're here to help".

I chuckle, "Tiny friend, that voice belongs to you?". I hear a grunt from across the hall.

"Everyone says that", he replies.

"We're going to get out of here alright, and we're going to put an end to the Gemini Project, and why not Ezekiel and Dr. Braxton, too?"