disaster

September 26th, 2001

"Hey Nightmare." A voice appeared behind Thomas making him jump.

"Don't do that!" Thomas snapped, turning around to see Newt shaking with laughter.

"You should have seen how high you jumped!" Newt cackled, bending over and resting his hands on his knees.

"It's not even that funny!" Thomas snapped, feeling his cheeks heat up in embarrassment. He paused, watching Newt stand up and wipe his eyes. "Why did you call me Nightmare?"

Newt looked at him with a confused expression. "Because that's your mutant name obviously. Did you not infer that?"

"Wait is Newt not your real name?" Thomas looked at him in shock.

"Of course it's not my real name, who would name their kid Newt?" Newt huffed as he shook his head.

"Why Newt?"

"I didn't pick it, Min did. I think his thinking was like invisible like a chameleon but that sounded stupid so Newt was the next best thing. I picked Min's tho. Min comes from mineral and then the ho part because he's kinda a hoe."

"And you just go by that name?"

Newt shrugged. "Yeah, it kinda stuck. Better than my real name anyways."

"Which is?"

"None of your business."

Thomas rolled his eyes. "It's always so nice talking to you."

"We're not friends Tommy-boy." Newt crossed his arms. "You're my punishment remember?"

"You really know how to make a boy feel special." Thomas scoffed, feeling offended again. Newt was confusing, he could be super nice to him but then turn around and be completely rude.

Newt shot him a fake smile and pinched his cheek. "Don't take it personally baby."

Thomas swatted his hand away. "Don't touch me."

Newt opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by a girl shouting down the hall. Newt rolled his eyes before putting on the fakest smile and turning around. "Hey Teresa."

"Hi Newt! Hey Tom!" She grinned. Thomas blinked a few times when he saw her, she looked different than the first time her saw her. This time she had on jeans and a white shirt which made her blue eyes look brighter and her black hair look darker. She honestly was very pretty.

"What brings you here madame?" Newt asked as he dramatically bowed making Teresa scoff.

"I was looking for you."

"Why?" Newt stood back up, scrunching his face up in confusion.

"You act like you mean nothing to me moron...I was gonna try and convince you to let Tom come with us tonight."

"Fuck no! I'm not babysitting!" Newt shouted, looking beyond angry.

"You guys know I'm right he-"

"Shut up Thomas!" Newt snapped. "The adults are talking, stay out of this."

"Come on Newt!" Teresa seemed unfazed by Newt's sudden horrible mood. "You're mean to him all the time, we're the only friends he has and you'll still have time to play with your little toy."

"No! Do you know what the word no means or can humans not wrap their heads around that concept?"

"Can you relax please?!" Teresa shouted back which just made Newt scowl.