9 (Part 2)

We parked our car in the parking lot before we got out to get our luggage. I stood behind the car, tightening my grip on both of my silver-colored roller bags.

"Mom," I asked, resting my weight on one foot. "Who's going to drive the car back home?"

Mom picked up another one of our bags before answering me. "I have a friend from high school that works here, she said she'll take care of it."

I nodded my head and I looked around. Many families were walking away from and to their cars. Some looked in my direction, and I did what most people do. I turned my head and pretended that I didn't just stare at strangers.

Mom closed the trunk of the car and grabbed two roller bags in each hand after she slipped on a backpack. We speed-walked to the airport before entering the automatic glass doors.

I looked around, I saw many shops that sold neck pillows and snacks. Others glasses and books. I nudged Mom, and when she turned her head towards me, I pointed to a stand that was stalked with neck pillows.

Mom nodded and mouthed the word "later," then she kept on walking, dragging the two bags behind her.

We stopped when we reached an area that was filled with people waiting in lines to get their baggage checked. We walked past many people before we entered a short line. I guessed that it was shorter because we were flying first class.

I checked the time to see that it was about half past five (The Hills song reference).

We made it to the first in line, and a white man in a black suit checked our passports, plane tickets, and he measured our bags.

I sucked in as much air into my lungs, and I let it out with a quiet sigh. I was getting a little impatient, all I wanted was to get onto the plane. I've never really went on that many vacations, and when I did, it was all in California. Yeah, I've been on a plane before, but never first class.

He gave us a slight nod as he handed us our baggage before telling us that we would have to drop off all our luggage except the backpack. He told us to have a nice flight, and Mom replied with a thank you.

"Where was the shop you wanted to go to?" Mom asked, shifting the weight of the backpack onto only one shoulder.

I looked around to find the shop I saw earlier, and when I did, I pointed at it.

"Over there!"

Mom strode over to the shop in no time, leaving me in the dust. I dodged past other people while I ran to the shop. Mom and I picked out which color neck pillows we liked best, and we left with them after paying for it.

I got a (favorite color) one, while Mom got a black neck pillow.

-Time Skip-

Mom met up with her close friend and she handed her friend her car keys. We then went through security.

We finished going through security before Mom pulled out our plane tickets and she handed me my ticket.

"We have to find Gate 32." Mom read from her ticket. I searched for Gate 32, but the only gates I could find were Gates 19 - 22. We walked until we reached our gate. We sat down on connected chairs that stretched out from one side of the gate, to the other.

There was other people in different rows in front, and behind us. Some of them talked loudly, while some whispered or didn't talk at all.

I crossed my legs and I stared at a digital clock mounted on a rectangular shaped pillar. There were some adults crowded around it, charging their phones using the built-in outlets.