12 (Part 2)

"Y/N, would you like to tell Levi about his surprise?" Ms. Miller asked me after I let her and Mom inside.

"What surprise?" Levi said, perplexed.

"Well, we all are going to go camping at Cape Melville!" I exclaimed. "Surprise!"

"No way! You're going to come?" Levi queried. I shook my head yes and smiled at him.

"And we're going now!" Mom happily announced. "Hurry up and put on your shoes."

I dashed towards the door where my Jordan sneakers sat. I slipped them on, and I tied them tight. Levi did the same, and once we were finished, the four of us walked outside to Mom's car.

Mom and Ms. Miller sat in the front, while Levi and I in the back.

"Mom, how long will it take us to reach Cape Melville?" I asked as I buckled my seatbelt.

"Err.. about a day?"

"Oh wow."

A whole day about to be spent in a car with Levi. Nice.

Mom was the one driving, so she pulled out of the hotel parking lot, and she turned onto a road.

Levi and I did various things so we could pass the time. From playing rock, paper, scissors to telling the corniest jokes we could think of. I teased him by referring to Levi as Peter Pan or Calvin because I could, and it was fun to see Levi annoyed.

It was already dark out, and I was hungry despite all the candy I ate with Levi earlier.

Right on queue, Mom asked if anyone was hungry.

"Is anybody hungry? There's a 7-Eleven nearby."

"I am!" Levi and I said at the exact same time.

"Jinx!" We both said again.

We looked at each other, which was the only thing we could do.

I shaped my fingers into the letter L, then the letter E, the letter V, and I.

Levi caught on, then he said my name thrice.

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N!"

Now we were allowed to talk, curse those stupid Jinx rules!

By then, we had just reached the 7-Eleven, and we all got out the car.

We entered the store, and I picked out was a few donuts and a coffee. It wasn't Starbucks, but at least it would keep me up.

Levi only got barbeque chips and a bottle of water.

Mom paid for the snacks after Ms. Miller and Mom quarrelled about who was going to pay.

I bit into my donut as we all walked back to the car. Once inside, I had already moved on to my second donut.

"You're planning on staying up?" Levi asked me as I took a sip of my coffee through a straw.

"You aren't?"

"I wasn't planning to."

"Sleep is for the weak!"

"Hey, what's that?" Levi said while he pointed at something behind me.

I turned my head so I could look out the window. I saw nothing except a few other cars passing by.

I turned back to see Levi drinking my coffee.

I didn't say anything until he finished.

"You could have asked politely."