[0.00]

"Come on Carol, you can do it, I believe in you." An unexpected voice lingered in Caroline's head. She could tell that voice from anywhere because he was the father of her baby. But as clear as the voice was, she knew perfectly well he wasn't beside her, holding her had like the three men beside her, fully supporting her.

Those three men were a part of a gang and she had promised to join for a better future for herself and her soon to be born baby. She knew it was selfish, fighting on the streets, spying on others, but she needed to protect her child. A child that was different from any other child as he was one who was half god. She didn't have any safer place to raise it, knowing that the only way she'd ever make a living would be bartending.

If only it was that easy, she'd have a baby and for the first seven months, she'd be living without a job, practically penniless. Even if they managed to pay her, she'd be in dept for the rest of her life and her child wouldn't have a mother to spend time with. He was already fatherless.

But with the gang, he could have multiple fathers, a mom always there for him, and a partly normal life. She would still be living in a condo connected to the other gang, and it would all seem pretty nice for him.

She heard his voice again. The deep strong voice that soothed her for a years when she was sad, cooed in her neck when they kissed, and laughed when she stumbled into him. It was almost like the god she fell in love with was right beside her. Maybe he was. Maybe Ares was really there and he changed his mind at last.

Hope could be quite time consuming. Of course he wouldn't come back, and the thought was wearing her out, unable to push any longer. He did this to her, it was his fault she was here in this hospital, disowned by her parents. She felt sick to her stomach, wishing that she never met him in the first place.

"One last push Carol." He spoke lightly, and she could practically fell his soft lips nipping her ear.

With one final push, the baby slid out and her gang brothers yelled out happily. "It's a boy!"

She wearily opened her eyes. Being in labor for twenty-hours since her abs weren't giving in was exhausting. But all of the struggles were worth it after a small blue bundle was brought into her arms. The baby looked like her, black hair, dark brown eyes, and a pair of thin lips. He was crying quite loudly, presumably receiving the war cry genes form his father Ares.

Caroline reached for the baby boy, her mouth open in exhaustion, but she quickly forgot about her aching body as he calmed down in her arms.

"What are you going to name him?" Asked Sebastian. He was the leader of the gang, the one who heard about her first and invited her.

"Sherman." She softly whispered. "Sherman Yang."