[10.01]

Sherman walked through the crowded halls to get to his first class. He soon found the boring wooden door with a small tile labeled with the room number before his. Scanning his surroundings, the halls ceased to a corner and he ran up to it, unfortunately crashing into a boy with dark hair and skin. Looking up from the floor, Sherman found he was quite an attractive boy with straight white teeth, nicely combed hair and a small button nose.

"Oh lord I'm sorry." He said in a slightly accented voice. Immediately, Sherman found himself liking the boy as he helped him pick up the books he was carrying.

"It's fine. Are you new here?" He asked, examining the boy's flushed state.

"Yea I'm August." He smiled, reaching out a hand and Sherman shook it gladly.

"Sherman Yang." There seemed to be a change of expression on August's face and he grinned, walking with Sherman. He seemed to walk a little awkwardly to Sherman but he waved the thought away.

"So what's your schedule?" He asked, peering over August's shoulder and finding that they had the same first class. He looked for the same order of letters rather than the word itself. It was a trick he used for his dyslexia. "Oh we have the same class!"

August beamed and quickly looked around. "I can't seem to find it. Do you know where it is?"

"Yea its just around the corner you came from." He said trying his hardest to keep a straight face as August grimaced and raised his eyebrows. He let out an embarrassed laugh then rolled his eyes at presumably himself.

"Wow I'm stupid." They walked around the corner that they had recently crashed in and sat in desks side by side with each other.

"So why aren't you with your friends or something?" Asked August, pull out his pencil case and smiling. He nibbled on the end of his pen repeatedly and tilted his head in curiosity.

"Well I just started middle school, and not everyone is in this middle school or this class.

"Then how do you know this class is here?"

"Well we had one of those first day things where you run around the school to all your classes. Kinda like the first day of kindergarten. You know what I mean?"

"No not really." He admitted. "I was homeschooled in Alaska."

"Woah really?" Exclaimed Sherman, excitement gleaming in his eyes. "Have you been attacked by a grizzly bear?"

"Yo Sherman." The two looked behind themselves to see two other kids walking towards them. "Who's your new friend?"

"Hey Lance, hey Rory. This is August. He lived in Alaska!"

The two sat down in either side of Sherman and August. "Woah have you been attacked by a grizzly bear before?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Uh no, they're pretty peaceful and only attack if you're a threat to them or they are starving."

"That's so cool." Examined Lance, who was a pretty tall boy with blonde hair quite similar to Hunter's.

"It's really boring there though. There's like no buildings. We only had one McDonald's where I lived"

"You kidding? One McDonalds? How the crap do you live?" Asked Sherman, more and more interested in the wild kid.

"Well we didn't really eat much there and everything is at most twenty minutes from each other unless you're going camping. But we also have bigger houses. We have like two sets of apartments and the rest are all houses. All you seem to live in are apartments."