Chapter 1

Lily's POV
**********
Ice.
Water.
Air.
Telepathic.
Telekinesis.
Super strength.
Super speed.
Flight.
Healer.

I have all these powers. But yet, I can't stop my house from crumbling. Being destroyed. How did this happen, you ask? I don't know. All I can focus on is my family. Katherine, my sister, I can't see her, but I'm not worried about her because she is a sorcerer. But I do know that she is in the house.

I am currently stuck under a marble pillar and I can hear my mom screaming in the distance. My heart pumps faster, and my breath catches in my throat. Adrenaline pumps through my veins and I hear my mom scream out in pain again. I cant breathe. I can't focus.

What if something bad happens to her? What if she dies? What if she gets kidnapped in the midst of all this?

I need to stop these thoughts. I need to focus.

I breath in and out, as I twist myself around. I grab onto the marble pillar and lift if it up and throw it away from me.

"MOM!!" I scream.

"LILY!" I hear my mom scream back.

I run blindy towards my moms voice, as debris falls all around me. A cracking sound from above me forces me to stop running and look up. A huge wave of panic washes over me as I see the crack grow bigger and bigger, the ceiling chunk about to fall on me. I stick my hand out in front of me and use my telekinesis to stop it from falling on me. I turn my hand to the side, throwing the chunk of ceiling beside me and start to run again.

"LILY!!!!!!!"

This time, when my mom screams for my name, it's laced with panic and fear. It's weaker. I need to hurry. I dont have time to run.

I feel my back contracting and shifting as my wings slowly shuffle out.

Come on. Get out faster!!

After what seems like ages, my wings eventually get out. They are white, with a blue streak, outlining the end of each feather. They are 12 feet long and barely scrap the side of my falling house. I slowly fly upwards until I am at my ceiling.

"MOM!!!!" I shout out again.

I hear her shout my name once more, in front of me, closer than before. I angle myself forward and speed forwards to my mom's voice.

I stop, 15 meters ahead of where I was, and see my mom, cowering behind the counter, of what once was out kitchen. There is glass everywhere and shattered marble along with debris and dust, swirling throughout the place.

"Mom!" I exclaim in relief.

She doesn't respond. Panic and dismay fill my body as I realize that there is a pool of blood beside her. I then realize the source of blood is coming out from her arm. I feel tears swarming in my eyes, threatening to fall and blurring my vision. The house shakes and rattles. The booming sound rings through my ears, screeches like those of hyenas, threaten to deafen me. The wind howls, close, to throwing me off balance. I raise my hands and feel power surging inside of me, as I change the course of the wind away from me and my mom.

I quickly fly down to my mom and pick her up, bridal style. I see a window 5 feet in front of us. I use my telekinesis to create a force that I throw at the window, creating a hole just big enough for me and my mom to squeeze through.

I look down at my mom and I realize that she is loosing to much blood.

"Hang in there mom. I promise I'll get u to a safe place, okay? I am not gonna let you die" I say to her softly.

A silent sob escapes my lips, as tears falls down my cheek, caressing them. There is a feeling of hopelessness inside of me. My mom is most likely going to die. My house if falling apart to pieces. There is nothing I can do to stop this. I have so many powers. Hell, I'm one of the strongest people in the world! Yet, I can't even save my own house!!! My own mother!!! I hate this so much. So. Damn. Much. I wish none of this even happened. How did any of this even happen?!?!? I feel hopeless, dread and dismay seeping all through my body.

I snap myself out of my trance. My mom needs me right now. I speed to the window, wincing, as the sharp glass has cut my wings. I fly fifty meters away from my house, that has been doomed to its destruction.

I lay my mom down on on the sand. I take a deep breath to calm myself down, along with my nerves. I bend down to check my mom's pulse, and to my relief, she still has one. A feeling of power surges through me and a soft, ocean blue color emits from my hands. I place my hands over my mom. I bring them closer to her body, my hands just barley hovering over her body.

The gash in her arm slowly starts to heal, as I see the muscle in her arm come together and heal. My healing can also replenish her blood source, which is good as the color in her face that was deprived from her earlier, is now coming back. It's like she is in a coloring book and someone is slowly coloring her face in. Within the lines. A minute later, the color has completely returned to her face.

I get up and heal the cut on my wings as I slowly command my wings back into my back. My wings can appear and disappear on my command, which is beyond amazing and helpful.

I raise my hands and a familiar surging of power fills within me. It's the best feeling in the world. It's like when you're incredibly happy and hopeful and that magical feeling is just there, keeping that smile on your face. That's how my body feels everytime I use my magic. I point my hands to the ground and I lift them up to the air. Ten branches surge from the underneath the sand and form an oval of tree branches around her. The branches grow branches and close in keeping my mom safe.

I quickly get in the oval branch house as it closes. I lay down next to my mom and let out a breath. But something still feels wrong. Something is off. My body and brain are screaming at me to get up and go back to the house. And then, with a feeling of loss, hopelessness, dread, and dismay, my face falls, as I realize why.

My sister is not with us.

She is still in the house.
************************************

Thank you lovelies for reading this. If u liked it please comment so I know. Once again thank u for reading.
Remember that you are beautiful, amazing, and important❤.
Have a great day, evening, or night! Much love,
Alpacas321❤

The Midnight Shadowsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें