Chapter 2

Liam's POV
*************
I awake to no noise. Nothing. Everything is quiet. That should be good, right? Wrong. Everyday I usually wake up to the sound of shuffling feet, loud noises, shouting, etc. This morning everything is quiet.

My senses perk up and my heart pounds furiously inside my chest. Adrenaline pumps through my veins. I'm anxious. This has never happened. This castle has always been filled with noise, no matter what time it was.

I get out of my bed and put a shirt on. I open the door to see a servant, Nayla, walk right past my door. Walking is the wrong term. More like running. She's not the only one. Beside her are probably about 15 other people running in the same direction as Nayla. I grab Nayla's arm and pulled her aside.

"What do you think-" She starts, but stops as soon as she sees that its me she's talking to, the prince.

"Ahh, sorry, my prince" She apologizes.

"No worries" I tell her "but could you please tell me what's going on? Why is barely anyone inside the castle?" I ask her.

"I don't know myself. All I know is that there is a fight breaking out outside. It's apparently really big and between important people." She responds.

A fight? Surprisingly enough, this never happens. And if a fight were to break out, the people who were fighting would get punished. A fight is never tolerated here and is stopped immediately. At least no fights that happen within this castle or the perimeter of this castle. If the fight is held 50 meters away from the castle, nobody will stop it. But this fight is happening about 2 feet outside the castle.

"Important people?" I question.

What important people? And how important that nobody is stopping it?

"I don't know. What I told you is all I know, my prince." She tells me.

"Yes thank you. You may go now."

I let her arm go as I walk outside to see what is going on.

I walk out of the castle doors, only to be welcomed by a huge mass of people and the smell of sweat. The air is filled with the sound of people shouting at someone to stop. I can't quite make out the name. Other people are completely quite, as if they are just frozen there. Others are just there, looking afraid.

I start to push people aside, but they create a pathway for me immediately as they see who I am. My heartbeat is going haywire as I near the middle. My breathing speeds up but I leave my face undreable. Thats what I am at, not letting anyone know how I feel, or what I'm thinking.

I am finally at the middle and I am not prepared at what I see.

In the middle is my bloodied, bruised younger brother, fighting my father.