John: Set Up Date.

John sits in his living room counting the seconds, each one passes by unbearably slow. He glances up at the clock on the wall. 

"How can it only be 6:30?" he mumbles aloud to himself. 

His date with Roxy is scheduled for 7:00. and thanks to both their god tier powers, he can go pick her up from the capracian palace and be back in almost no time at all. He's already gotten everything together and gone through it many times, but he finds himself running through everything again. 

" Blankets, check. Popcorn, check. Popcorn popper, check. Movie, check."

John sighs, and sits back on the couch, staring down at his hands. Part of him knows that everything is going to be alright and that this is just him and Roxy watching a movie together, nice and casual. But the deeper implications, and nuances, of just communicating his feelings alone, makes his head spin.

'what if she doesn't like me back?' 'Maybe she will think the movie is stupid' 'maybe Dave and rose will stop being my friends if I date her?' 'she's way out of my league anyway'

These thoughts race through his head on repeat like someone wired his brain to a broken record player. Each always leading to another, and then another, eventually returning to the same thought continuing the cycle.

"argh" He emits an exasperated sigh and shakes his head, to clear it 

"c'mon" he says to himself " you know the plan, it's going to be simple"

He checks the time again, 7:40. This is going to be a long 20 minutes