John: Watch The Princess Bride With Roxy.

(The Princess Bride Spoilers if any of y'all care idk)

Almost everyone always feels uncomfortable, when watching romance scenes in movies and TV shows with others, which is one of the reasons The Princess Bride is so priceless, we all relate to the little boy begging his Grandpa to skip over reading the kissing parts. 

John did not feel this awkwardness as he watched with Roxy. He was to focused on how close she was sitting to him. How their legs leaned up against each other and their shoulders touched. And especially how good she smelled, it was of flowers and sweets. He was never really good at picking out specific smells among others but he knew he could never forget her smell.

John had seen this movie so many times in his life it was almost impossible for him not to quote some of his favorite parts. So, of course, he had to join Vicini in his first "INCONCEIVABLE!". Roxy snorted at his sudden outburst. What an adorable dork, she thought to herself. 

By the time they got to The Masked Man and Inigo's duel, John had decided to put the first part of his plan into motion. He casually reached his arms up and stretched, expertly looping his arm around Roxy's shoulders. So smooth, he thinks to his self, staring straight ahead, not daring a glance in Roxy's direction.

Roxy, however, does look up at him, noting how flushed his face is. Smiling to herself she thinks, just another reason to love this nerd, and leans against his shoulder.

They stay like this throughout the remaining battles of strength and wit, with Roxy laughing at all the right parts, leaving John relieved 

However when Buttercup pushes The Dread Pirate Roberts, and he says "As you wish" revealing that he himself was Wesley, she gasps.

"Did you really think that Wesley wasn't gonna come back?" John asks, stifling a laugh

"I thought he would come and rescue her from this masked douche-bag and take her away from the situation from Humperdink!" She retaliates

"Just wait it gets better."

They return their attention to the movie, both of them are mostly silent until Buttercup is back in Prince Humperdinks hands. From then on they mostly trade snide remarks about how much of a dick he is. So that by the time Inigo and Fezzik have reunited it feels like a breath of fresh air. Which is only heightened by the several minutes of pure comedic genius that follow, which begins at the miracles shop scene. 

During this scene, John gets so out of control quoting every line in sync with the movie that Roxy has to cover his mouth with her hand. But because of how close they are sitting, she had awkwardly twist herself around to do so, positioning herself almost on top of John, again.

Eventually, John is able to reason with her to free him, claiming he "needs" popcorn, to which she obliges and returns back to her earlier position. But not before grabbing a popcorn kernel and shoving it into his mouth, smiling devilishly as we see the pranksters Gambit sway towards her favor.

They sit through the remainder of the movie with almost no mishaps of a similar nature (unless you count Roxy getting a little to fired up over the Inigo revenge scene) and the movie ends with Wesley and Buttercup reunited at long last.

John yawns gently than asks "So what did you think?"

"You were right" she responds turning to face him "I did love it"

"Good I'm glad!" John smiles widely as he is flooded with relief.

"I am going to be quoting that for days! Literal days Egbert!" Roxy shoves her arms out in a mock exasperated manner and John chuckles

"I know!" he says "it gets stuck in your  brain"

"Calliope, Rose, Kanaya, and Jane, are all sittin so innocently back at the palace. Just wait until the storm hits 'em,  they'll be so tired of it by next Sunday, but by then all the Carapacians will be obsessed"

John laughs and starts to speak when suddenly Roxy's phone vibrates.

uranianUmbra [UU] began cheering tipsyGnostalgic [TG]

UU : hey! it's getting sorta late, do yoU want me to leave yoU some dinner or?

"It's Calliope" Roxy says checking her messages, "she's getting worried, I should probably head back" 

John looks out the window at the dark sky above. "It is getting kinda late, and you probably shouldn't worry her any longer."

"Yeah..." Roxy stands and begins to turn to leave when John stops her.

"Wait!" he says, standing up to face her abruptly. "Uh-umm" He can feel his face heating up as he stutters trying to form words, dangit he knows he can't confess like this! he quickly jumps to plane B "Do you wanna maybe do this again sometime, or maybe catch a dinner together?"

He glances up at Roxy nervously, he almost hadn't noticed he was staring at the ground. Her face softens as she walks up to him and plants a short kiss on his cheek. As she pulls away she whispers "As you wish~" and then sinks away into the floor using her Voidy powers.

John stands there dumbfounded for a moment as he slowly reaches up and touches where she kissed him. A wide smile spread across his face as he collapses back onto the couch with a giddy cheer. 

Maybe she does like me after all, he muses