Scene IV : If He Had Lost Control

UNEDITED.

(Imaginative scene when Rose was still in the process of healing from the harm caused by Henry.)

*Alternative Scenario*

Rose's POV :

I woke up a bit tired today. My nightmares have been haunting me. I am trying to get over my past and everything bad that happened to me. I don't want to seem too weak and defeated.

I have to start a new life and dwelling on the past is not going to help me. Yes, it's true that I fell in love with a man and then loathed him but the tables turned and yet I am falling for him again.

'Pull yourself up. You don't love him.' I told myself. I cannot love a man who broke me from my core.

When I was done with my self talk, I got ready and took off the room that still brings a bit of the bad memory even though they have done a very good job refurnishing and changing everything so that I can forget what happened to me.

But only my heart knows its not easy.

How can someone be so emotionless and cold? How can someone be so unfaithful and hurting? I contemplated on the questions running in my mind when I descended the large flight of stairs.

I do not want to face him. I do not want to talk to him.

I don't wish to be with him... Or do I?

The lifeless maid stared down at my feet and with an unpredictable look, she led me to the diner and served my breakfast. I looked at the food and sighed as she left.

I ate it quietly and looked at the large painting of horses before me to divert my mind and think of something other than my pitiful past. I had decided to move to my own peaceful spot in the palace gardens which was hardly visited by anyone. So, it gave me the privacy I needed. I always had a feeling of being watched and it made me feel insecure. The only place where I had time to be myself and not feel any constant survellience on me was this spot in the garden surrounded by fresh roses and bushes leaving a patch of fresh soft green grass.

When I was done, I walked quietly towards the large doors of the palace that would give me an outlet. I remembered to sneak a book in my dress so that I didn't have to visit the library that he built beside his study.

Having no intentions of bumping into him, I had made my plans of the day on how I could avoid him as much as possible. The first being making my way to my spot without being noticed.

I stepped out and took a deep breath, it felt alive, to step out of this castle. I wanted to have a good run down the meadow sometime but only if I am allowed to which I don't think would be alloted to do infront of ministers and servants.

I passed away from the large fountain situated in the middle like a ghost and no sooner was I close to the gardens, I saw a confused Mr. Aldrick frowning at the broken cup on the ground. Yes, I am scared to go near him as well cause being near Mr. Aldrick meant that his highness would be around and I didn't want that but seeing him in trouble left me unsettled.

I walked up to him and helped him pick the broken pieces of the cup in the tray even though he insisted twice on not doing it. "My apologies, I have been exceptionally clumsy today. I might have caught a little cold." He told me. "It's alright, Mr. Aldrick. There's no need to be sorry." I answered looking at his tired face. He needed rest, debating this thought my eyes fell on his injured thumb.

"Mr. Aldrick, let me see your hand, please." I took his hand in mine and I was surprised to find his body temperature high. "You have fever and you have bruised yourself.." I whispered softly frowning at the blood oozing out. I took out a handkerchief and placed it on his thumb and asked him to hold it till he gets it aided.