The Adventure begins

It  was   1872   and  the  Adrian Duke  of  Madrid  were   looking  for  adventure,  he  had  never been  to India   but  he  had  heard  beautiful  things  about this  country.  He  always  did  everything    in his  power  to   gain   attention. Adrian was  always   seen  with  some  beautiful   countess, princess  or   lady.  He  was   known as  one  of   the  most  eligable  bachlor  in Europe.  Many  people  thought   when  he  became  Duke  that  he   would  marry  but   that  has  not  happen  yet. Adrian  always  believed  that he  had  not   enough  adventure  for  him  to settle  down  yet..      They  were   travelling  from    Madrid   to     Bombay,  they  were  going  to  this  by   rail, carriage and  streamer.

Adrian  did  not  understand  why  he  was    doing this   but  he  wanted   to, he  wanted   to see  the  world, he  wanted   to   meet  different  people,  he  wanted  to   fall in  love  with  the  native  women, yes,  Adrian was  a  playboy, his  best  friend  William was  different  than  him. He  was  more  serious, more  cool and  collected  and  wasn't   a  playboy,   he  was  in  love  and  engaged    to   a  french   woman  Jacquline, he  loved  her  dearly and  wished  he  had   asked  her  to  come  with  him. He  wouldn't  have  mind  but  she  was  busy  preparing  for  their  wedding in six  months.     When  he  thought  of  Jacquline,  he  his  heart  skipped, he  was  in  love  and  he  really  hoped  that  Adrian  would  one day  find   the  woman  who  makes  his   heart  skipped.

Kalyani  did   not  love  her  life  in the  forests and  villages  of  India, even though  she  was born  in  this  country  she  was  very European  in a  way, she was  raised  in London  and  given  an  English    education.  Her  husband  was  old and  all he wanted  was  sex  and  intercourse  from her  and  also  he   treated  her  like  his  slave,  his  family  were  not  much  better  either,especially his  daughters  and  nieces.  They  hated  her, they  found  her  to  be  very European   instead  of Indian,  Kalyani  did  not  know  what  to  do, she  wanted  to  escape this  life for  her  father  had  made  sure  that her  fortunate was  hers  and  hers  alone  but  she  could  not. She  was  bond  to  this   man  for  life. She  did  not  love him, she  did  not  even respect him. they  longer  she   stayed married  to this  old raji,  the  more  of  herself  she  lost herself and  the  more  she  hated  him.  She  needed  to  get  out  of  there,  she  hand  a  cousin  in  Hong  Kong  but  she   needed  to  find  a way   to Hong  Kong.

On  the  Medterrian  sea,  Adrian  sister  Pilar  was  painting  inside  her  room  on  the  streamer which  was  named   Victoria named  after  the  English Queen     Victoria.   Pilar  was    18 and  loved  painting and  drawing,   she was  also of the  age  to  be  married  but   she  had  deined  all   princes,  dukes  and  counts,  She  told  her  brother, father  and  mother  that  she  would  rather  join the  convent than  marry   someone  she did  not  love,   her  parents and  her brother  Adrian  decided  to   leave  her  alone  on the  subject, she was  still  young enough  to  marry. They  decided  to  give  her  more  time, until  they  found  a  suitor  for  her  that was  of  her  taste.

Adrian   comes inside    and  sits   next  to  hear  watching her  paint, Pilar  had decided  to come  because  she  believed  that there were plenty of    images  and landscapes  around  for  her  to  paint,  to Adrian  this was   adventure,  for William , this  was business  for  Pilar  it was  purely artistic  business.   Carmen  their  younger  sister  came   for  just  purely fashion business , she  wanted  to see the  latest  clothes that the  noblity  women were  wearing in the different  parts  of  the  world.    She  was  fifteen  but  beautiful and  was ready  to  marry  but Adrian  had  decided  not   to    let  her  get  married  any time  soon. He was going  to wait  until  she  was  18, he  was  giving her   three  more  years  to  bloom.

After  two  hours   watching Pilar  paint,  Adrian   went  to  see   where  William was,  he  went  into  the  room   and he saw  his  friend  writing   love  letters    to  Jacquline, that  he  will sent  when  he  arrives  in Bombay  India.

Adrian  had  sometimes  wish  that   he  would  find  someone  for him  to  write  letters  but  he  shocked    it  off, loving  his  freedom as  he  called them.  India  was.  It  will be    20  days  before  they  arrive  in   India  but  that was  alright.  He  could   relax and  take  things  slow, though  the  steamer  may  stop  in Egypt  but that was  not a guarratee. Adrian   will relax and  when  he  arrives  in  India  the  wining, dining and  seducing of  women   will begin.

   20  days  had  passed  and  the  Victoria had  reached    Bombay   India,   Bombay  India  was   exotic  and  gorgerous  to  the  Europeans, they   thought  Bombay  was    modern despite  India  being    an  easten  country,    there  were  many  British  people  like William  around  and  other  Europeans.   When    the    four  Europeans  step  foodt on  Indian   soul,   they  were   in  awe ,   they   thought  Bombay  was  beautiful   exotic  but  yet  modern.   William  looked  around and  saw    an  old    aquantiance   of  his  father    Lord  Loren   Quinn    and  he  went     straight   to  him and   said "  Lord  Loren   , it  is  I  William"  the  elderly  gentleman looked  at  him  and  smiled  " Well  isn't  William,  I  heard about  your  father,he  was   good  man.  Adrian, Pilar  and Carmen  came  near     the  two  men  and  William  introduced them.      Lord  Loren   then asked "  What  are   you   young  lads  doing    this  far  from   Europe"       William  then answered  "    I am  here  to  see  about  the   East  India  company,   I  heard  it  is  bankrupt,  and  I had  money  in there. and  Adrian  replied  and we   just   decided  to tag along..   Lord  Loren said  India  is  wonderful,   it  has  its  own  unique  beauty,  you  will  enjoy,  you can  stay  with  me  and  my  wife  at  our  house.   Follow  me   and the  group    follow   Lord  Loren.     and  they  will be  staying  with  him  as  long as they are in Bombay.

They  will be  only  staying  at  Bombay  for  a  few  days  and  then    head  out   for  Caluctta,  to  see another  old  friend   of  William'  father