Attempt

Kalyani was  ready  to  get  out,  while  her  husband  was  sleeping,  she  grab   her  things  and  leave this  place,  she  was afraid   to  be  caught  but  she  had   to  get out  of  there.   She  had  to  get  to  Hong  Kong  by  her  cousin  and  then  get  to England.   Kalyani placed  her  European  style  dress  on  and   decided  to  walk  out  slowly   of the  bedroom  and   the  house.  Everyone  was asleep, she  could  hear  the  elephants, in the  forest,  and  she  knew  the  tigers  and  other  animals  were  around  where  they  were   was  close   to  the  deep  of  the  jungle.   Kalyani   had  already     reached  the  outside, she  was  relief.   Then    started  running  into  the  deep   forests  but  when  she  arrived   in the  forests,she  heard  aninmal   sounds and was  scared, she  had  no  idea  what     she  could  do, she  now  to  find  a  way   to   at  least  get   to  Bombay  or Calcutta   so  that  she  could  get   on  a  streamer  to  Hong Kong  , all  she  needed  to was    go  through  the  forest  but  Kalyani  was  frightened.  She  was  even  more  frighten when she  heard  sounds  coming  from  the     house  that  she  left.   They  were  looking  for   she  realized  now     she  really  had  to  deep  into  the  forests  and  get  out  of  there.    She  did  not  love  the  raja,  she  hated  him   but    she  also  felt  pity  for  him, he  was   very  ill  and  she  wished  that  he  would  get  better  but   , there  was  no  way   that she was   staying    in this  hell  hole.  Kalyani  could not  belived  she  thought  hell, maybe  her  husband  was  right   she   was  becoming  too English, too European   but  she  was  raised  there, she  felt  more  European  than  Indian  because  her  parents  had  raised  her   in England.   She  thought  of  her father  she  missed  him,  she  thought of  her  mother, she  missed  her  too.   Kalyani  then  remembered   her  mother  had  relatives  in Bombay,  she  will  go  into  Bombay.   Her  father  before  he died  had  tried   to contact     her  mother  relatives  in  Bombay  but  when  they   had  recieved  word  from them.   She  was  already  promised  to  be  married.  She was  going   to  Bombay  quickly,  she   was  afraid  as  she  got  deeper  into  the   forest  but  she  had   a  purpose  to  get  to  Bombay  quckly.

           The  European  travellers  in Bombay seemed  to   be  enjoying the  city  very  much and   Pilar  was  painting  the  scenary  of  the  land  and  the  people, Carmen   was  chatting  with Lord  Loren's  grandson   Mark ,  who   was  visting  from Oxford,  his  grandparents, his   parents     had  died  of  malaria  last  year and  it was  only  his  grandparents.  he  had  left.    William  had    gone   to   check  on  some   trading  business.   Adrian had looked around  and  he  saw  beautiful    indian   women  who  Lord  Loren  told  him were  of  the  Brahamin  caste  or  were  Parsi. he  also  saw  European   women  who were  the  daughters  of     soilders, officials and   government  workers  who  lived  in the  subcontient.

Lord Loren    saw Adrian sitting  and  looked     like  he  was     in  deep   thought.   Lord Adrian  then sat  down   with  Adrian  and  then  said "  Son  you  look  like  you  are  in deep  thought"  and  Adrian   " No  Sir,  I am just  thinking  that  since  I am  Duke  of  Madrid, I  must marry  soon   becuase  it  is  my  duty  but  I don't   want  to    get  married, I am still young,  I am still need   to     just  enjoy. and  Lord  Loren   stop  in deep thought and  then   he  said  to  Adrian "  You  can still   enjoy  life  even  though  you are  duke , not  because    you are  duke  that  you must stop  yourself  from    having  fun. Enjoy this  trip  stop  thinking  about  duty  now,  Madrid  is  not   in need, so enjoy.   and  the  elderly  man  went  back inside  to  his  wife  Lady Leah.