Rescue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rALVgdoMHk  This  song   is  what  i have  been  listening to  finish this  chapter

Homi  had arrive    at Lord  Loren's  house   with  the  letter and  Lord   Loren  who  knew   him  and his father  asked  him " My  dear  friend  Homi, what is  the  matter?" and  Homi  answered  my cousin  Kalyani   is   going  to  be   sacrficed    soon,my  father  has  sent  me   to  ask you  help  Lord  Loren" and  the  English  Lord  asked  surprised  " sacfriced"?     and  Homi replied  " Yes  the   suttee"   and  Lord  Loren  "  The  suttee  but this  has  been  ban and  it  is  illegal now  in  the  sub conteinet"

Yes  my Lord  Loren  it   has   but  many  rajas and  other  devout  hinduis  practiced    it  still.      Adrian listening   too  the  two  men  decided  to ask  " What  is  a  suttee" and  Lord  Loren  replied  " A  suttee  is when  a   wife   self sarfice  herself    and burn  with  her  husband's  body, usually  it  must  be  done willing but  sometimes   the  woman  is   forced  to    do  it."    Adrian  then  said "  This  barabaric,  how  could  the     British   government  allow  this"  and  Lord  Loren said  "  It  is  their  religion and we  must respect  when  everyone  is  doing  williingly    also   the  government  has  ban  it     but    in many  villages  , towns  and    in  places  near  the  forests  and  jungles  it  is   still widely  practiced, the  government  has tried but  not  able to  eradicate   this    practice."

Homi  then  said " Sir  my  cousin  Kalyani  is  going  to  be  forced  into  this  soon  we  must   go  and  save  her."

Adrian  then said  to  Homi,  " How  did  your  cousin  get  involved  in this  mess"   and  Homi  replied  Kalyani  was  born   here in  Bombay  to a  Brahmain  father and  a  Parsi  mother,  her  father  was very  wealthy  and  he  moved  to Europe,  England   to  be exact  and  she  was  raised  there and educated there.  my  father   and  I  use  to  visit  them when  her  mother  was  alive.  She  says  in her  letter  that  her father  got  sick and wanted  to  die  in  India  , so  they came  back and  her after  wanting to  keep  her  safe  arranged  for  her  to  marry a  raja  who was  much older   , her   father  thought  she  will  be   safe  but  he  must  have  forgotten  the   practices  of  the  people. Now  her  husband  is  died, she  is  going  to  forced  to  be  self  sacrficed  we  must  hurry"

Adrian  then   looked  at  Homi  and  then said  "   We  will help  you save  your  cousin"

Then  Homi said   " Kalyani   misses Europe,  she  was  raised and  educated  there, she  does  not  remeber  much  of  India.    She   wants  when  she  is  rescue   to  go  back   to   England  where  her  father  has  some  friends  there. Kalyani  is  very  much  liked  European  than  Indian,  Sir,   her   manners,   her  ways,   her  dress,  you  will think    she  was European if  it  was  not  for  her  coloring."

Lord  Loren  then  said " then  it    is  done  we  must   have  a  plan   to  save  her " William  then  came  and  said  ' Save  who"  and Adrian  replied "  We  going  resuce  a  princess  from  the   suttee"  and  William  then  said   "  the  suttee,   I thought  this  practice  was  ban  by  the  government"

"Well from  what  Lord  Loren and  this  nice  man  named  Homi  over   here  has  told  me, the  government  has ban  it  but  it  is  still practiced   in  some  areas of  the  sub contient"

Sirs  please  let  us  plan   my  cousin  can be  killed  anytime  soon   said  a panic  Homi

Carmen and  Pilar  who were  listening  told  Homi "  Don't  worry,  it   will be  fine" and William  then said  to  Homi,  after Adrian and  Lord  Loren  had  brief  him,  they  told  Kalyani was  raised  in England   , where   raised in England  also  and  Homi   smiled  and  said  to  him "  No, but  I have  visited England  many  times  and  I am  going  to  be  a  doctor, I am going  to study  medicine  at  Cambridge  soon"