1.3

R O S E ' S  P O V

My eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the darkness as my body began to wake up. I gently removed Dan's arm from my waist, his snoring telling me he wouldn't be waking up for a while. I pulled on a pair of slippers before shuffling out into the kitchen. Yawning softly, I looked at my microwave to check the time. Two am. I grabbed a glass out of the cabinet and poured myself some water from the tap. I looked up from the sink and towards the window. I gasped, dropping my glass into the sink as my eyes met the silhouette reflected in the window behind me. I swivelled around to the figure.

'You need to know what the truth,' a female voice whispered from it, raising her hand. I felt myself become drowsy, attempting to keep myself up.

"T... the tru-" I collapsed to the floor, falling back into a deep sleep.

T H I R D  P E R S O N ' S  P O V

Josh leant against the wall of the school, a cigarette hanging between his teeth as he waited for his girlfriend to come. It was the last day of school for the term, and they planned to have a night in. He inhaled the nicotine, looking up towards the sky.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the school, Angela was able to sneak out of her PE class. She moved quickly, wanting to see Josh as soon as she could, but a large hand grasped onto her wrist, pulling her away from her path. Her eyes met the pair of brown that belonged to Timothy Gale, a boy notorious for his Friday night parties and place on the popularity scale.

"Hey, short stack, where are you running off to?" he teased, pushing her against the tree they stood under. Tim always had an attraction towards Angela, so seeing her in tight, short sport clothes only centimetres away from him was exactly what he wanted.

"Nowhere - just seeing some of the girls," she lied, shifting uncomfortably underneath him. His hand grasped her thigh tightly.

"You reckon the girls can wait?" he smirked, leaning in as he groped her breast. He shoved his tongue down her throat, groping her body all over. She managed to pull her lips of his, struggling underneath his grip.

"Tim, stop! Let go!" she yelled, pushing him away. Tim rolled his eyes, scoffing softly.

"Fine. Be a fucking prude," he sneered, pushing his hair back before leaving her alone under the tree. She sniffled softly, wiping away the tears on her cheeks. The feeling of his hands on her skin made her feel shiver. She'd only been touched by Josh like that before, and it felt weird to have another man's hands on her.

After composing herself, she made her way to their meeting place.

"Hey, babe," Josh smiled, stepping on his cigarette before kissing her softly, completely unaware of what only happened a minute ago.

---

Music played softly in the background of Josh's bedroom as they cuddled on his bed. That night was quite warm, so they only wore very little in bed, with all of the sheets tossed to the floor.

Josh kissed the back of Angela's neck, a smile on his lips. He pushed her down onto her back. Kissing her plump lips, his hand travelled to her bra clasp, undoing it before pulling it off. He eyed her breasts, smiling smugly to himself when he noticed something odd - bruises lining her left breast.

"What's wrong?" Angela asked in concern, tucking lose hairs behind her ear. Millions upon millions of thoughts swarmed through Josh's head, attempting to figure out what had happened.