1.6

T I M O T H Y ' S  P O V

I bit my lip in anticipation as I continued to browse webpages and flick through books. I want to help Rose so much, but I don't know how to. I threw my pen at my desk, cursing softly as I held my face in my hands. The frustration and guilt weighed down on me like an anchor. This girl has a life sentence above her head if I don't do anything about this, and the reason why Josh is dead in the first place is because of me. I continued to write more notes down from my sources. I need to find an answer.

'Still as impatient as ever, Timothy,' his voice faintly whispered in my ear, causing me to flinch and look around for him. My home office was empty, no Josh to be seen. I stood up, breathing in deeply.

"You didn't kill me twenty years ago, Josh. I'm the reason why she's in this mess, and I'll stop you. It's my bloody responsibility!" I yelled, keeping my eye out for movement in the room. After a moment's silence, his chuckle engulfed the room, blocking out other noises.

'Still as hopeful as well - I guess people really don't change with age. I'm excited to see you pathetically fall,' he replied, a gust of wind blowing the papers on my desk. I smashed my fist onto the desk, angry at him and myself.

As a result of the impact, one of the many books I borrowed from the local library bounced off the desk and onto the carpeted floor, opening to a random page. I sighed and bent down to pick up the book, skimming over the words. I paused, noticing important information.

"Finally - a fucking answer," I muttered to myself.

R O S E ' S P O V

I gazed at the tall building that stood in front of me. I adjusted my bag and made my way up the sandstone steps. The hardwood floor shined as I walked along and I became in awe of the labyrinth of bookshelves before me. Don't get distracted - you know what you're here for. I searched the signs and found what I was looking for: newspapers. I climbed the carpeted staircases, watching the occupants of the library. A couple of students, some just looking for something to do. I'd be surprised if there was someone like me in here. I reached my desired department and began my search.

Completely rippling my expectations, I found five newspaper articles on the Weybridge murder-suicide. Two newspapers, unfortunately, blamed Angela for Josh's actions, which disgusted me.

She didn't do anything. Why would someone place this horrible crime in her hands? Despite my detailed and extensive analysis of all the newspapers, I couldn't get any info that could help me figure out how to stop Josh. I closed the tabs and sighed.

'Rose,' a female voice whispered in my ear. I turned around with a quick movement, no one to be seen. I rubbed my eyes in confusion and scanned the library. Then I saw her.

Angela stood next to a bookshelf and beckoned me to follow her. Hesitantly, I started walking towards her, and as I got closer she disappeared behind the shelf. I continued my chase, and she only gave me a glimpse of herself in order to guide myself. We reached a dead end, and she turned.

"Angela, please help me," I whispered, moving in closer. She grasped my hands tightly and leant in close.

'There is nothing you can do - you have to run,' she hissed. Tears filled my eyes as I shook my head.

"Surely there's a way," I begged. Without warning, Angela disappeared and I found myself quietly sobbing. No hope. I'm shackled to him. I started to walk backwards, and my back hit something hard. With a trembling frame, I turned and Josh stood there with a devilish grin.

'My beautiful Rose trying to find answers with no luck like Tim,' he mocked, walking forward and pinning me against the bookshelf. I look behind him, and just like the night he murdered the man, he blocked off the entrance with another bookshelf. My tears were falling rapidly, and Josh stroked my tear-stained skin softly. 'I promise there will be no tears once it's just us, love. A peaceful nirvana,' he mumbled, trailing his lips against my neck whilst stroking my skin softly.

"Please stop," I begged. He ignored my pleas, sliding his hand down and grasping my thigh. "I'm not Angela, Josh. Please leave me alone," I tried once more. He stopped, lifting his face with an amused look.

'Don't worry, sweetheart, I know that quite well. I don't give a fuck about Angela anymore, you are all that I care for now,' he explained, pressing his lips against mine. I pushed him off me and watched as he collided with a bookshelf behind him. He made his way back to me and grabbed my neck tightly, fury in his eyes. 'There is nothing that you, or he, can do to stop me, and you best remember that,' he snarled, digging his fingernails into my skin. I clawed at his arm, silently begging for him to let me go. He released me and I dropped to my knees, clutching my throat.

'Good luck,' he teased before disappearing as Angela did. I squeezed my eyes closed tightly and gave myself a moment to recollect myself. I opened my eyes and stood up, dusting myself and wiping away any stray tears. Just as I began to walk, my phone vibrated against my thigh and I pulled out the device, seeing an incoming call from Timothy. I answered the call and pressed my phone against my ear.

"Yeah?"

'I've found a solution. Are you free tonight?'

A/N: my deepest apologies for not posting in such a long time! I've had the worst writers block when it comes to this book. But now that this chapter is out of the way you guys can hopefully expect more frequent updates!

Thanks y'all.