week 4

On Monday an assembly was called at school. Year group by year group, students went into the hall and were shown a photo of The Boy that I had taken from his scrapbook. The headteacher told anybody with information about 'John's' wherabouts to come forward in private. Nobody did.

On Tuesday I was brought into the office again. I was asked whether I was okay, how I was copingwith The Boy's dissapearance. And I told her that, in all honesty, I was broken. The Boy had been my best friend, the brother I never had. It sounds cheesy, but I needed him as much as he needed me.

On Wednesday they searched the riverbed under his bridge. They didn't find anything, which was a weight off my shoulders. But then again, what could local police do? We're a small town.

On Thursday I was off school. The headteacher had given me special permission, considering my situation. I didn't like being singled out and treated differently, but I agree tht I needed the time away. I hated seeing the posters about him on every single wall.

On Friday nothing happened. For the second day in a row, I just lay in bed thinking. Thinking about what it would be like not to see those hazel green eyes again. Hear his super loud Australian Countryman giggle that always had me in fits of laughter as well. Stifle laughter as he attempts to drag a comb through matted curls. All the things that had made those two weeks fun could be gone forever.

On Saturday it happened again. I lay in bed, just thinking about him again. I didn't eat anything all day. I just thought.

On Sunday I slept the whole day, visions of The Boy's potential fate plaguing my nightmares.

∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴∴

Sorry the ending seems kind of rushed, I'm just really excited for the next few chapters. The next few will focus on specific days rather than whole weeks, you'll understand why when you read them.

Anyways, I'm on summer holidays now so updates should be a bit more regular. And without pressure from school I'm hoping I should be able to work through this suicidal patch, but that's only in theory.

Next few chapters up soon xx