Chapter One: Meeting the Wolves

Zora's POV

"I'm gonna go walking in the woods." I say to my mom, Esme.

"Okay, but be careful." She says.

I go out the door and go down the stairs and go off into the woods.

'I hope Edward is happy with Bella. I like Bella and think she'll be good with Edward. I don't want anyone to get hurt.' I think.

I put on my headphones and listen to JoJo, mostly her song called High Heels and Fuck Apologies.

I look at the sky and see it's getting dark. I look around and I don't know where I am.

"Damn it." I whisper.

I hear a twig snap and I turn around to see a big black wolf.

"Holy Shit!" I yell.

It looks at me in the eyes and freezes.

"Are you okay?" I ask the black wolf.

The black wolf just stands there still not moving. I slowly move back trying not to make a sound. I step on a twig and that is what causes the wolf to snap out of the daze. I look into its hazel brown eyes and run.

I hear it running after me. I kept running until more wolves stopped me. I turn to see if I could run away from any direction. I can't.

"Please don't hurt me...... I won't come back onto your land just please let me go." I say in a very shaky voice.

They come closer and I walk back until my back is on a tree, I slide down and bring my hands up to my chest.

The black wolf whines and crawls towards me. I close my eyes just waiting for it to come and tear me to pieces. I feel something against my right hand and I open my eyes to find the black wolf licking my hand. I open it and see a small scratch bleeding. The wolf starts to lick it and it heals.

"Thank you. Is it alright if I pet you?"

The wolf puts its head in my lap and I pet it.

"So soft." I say softly.

The rest of the wolves all come over and put there heads somewhere on me.

A few hours later, I know that I have to get back home. I hear my family calling my name in the distance. The wolves must hear it too because they sit up and growl a little bit.

"It's okay, it's just my family looking for me." I say softly.

They look over at me and nod.

"I'm sorry I have to go, would you walk me?" I asked them.

They nod and we go walking in look for my calling family. I hear there calling getting louder and louder.

"I'm right here." I say.

They all come over but they don't come any farther. I look at my family and smile, the wolves start to growl and so does my family.

"Zora, come over here they aren't safe." Edward says.

The wolves stand in front of me, that makes my family growl louder.

"Please stop growling at each other." I say softly.

Everyone looks at me.

"I'm sorry I went too far, but I made new friends who protected me. Please don't be angry at them, be angry at me for going too far." I say to my family.

"And you guys please don't growl at my family. They took me in when I was broken and hurt."

They nod unhappily. I go to walk over to my family when I hear whines. I turn back around and see them with sad eyes.