Chapter 5; Try Me

Zaira Pov;

After I'd fallen asleep, everything seemed to slow down. My heart beat finally resting, and the Migraine that tried to force its way into my head stopped.
Sleep was the one thing I couldn't understand.
Why would sleep nourish the nerves in our brains? Why would it take away the heavy feeling of drowning or weights on your shoulders?

What was so important about sleep that it could make a body feel new and reborn? Why can't I wake up feeling good and Happy?

Sleep was hard for me to get. Always had been.
With my dad constantly screaming and drinking I couldn't ever get a wink if sleep.

Eventually my body became used to not having rest. No matter how tired I feel it's hard to fall asleep now.

It takes hours for me to fall asleep and I don't really mind. My head is filled with nightmares, and sometimes I can't control my power so my nightmares would come to life while I'm sleeping.
It scares me. It really does.

What if I have a nightmare and Light walks in? Or anyone else for that matter.

My power is so dangerous. Nobody truly understands that.

I can hurt people with out even knowing it.

Mister Condor knows about this so he trys to keep people out of my room when I'm sleeping.
Key word trys.

Sometimes Light has nightmares so he comes to my room and sleeps with me.  I always tell him that my blankets were magical and would keep the nightmares away. It would scare all the evil monster's away so he could sleep.

When Light's with my I don't have nightmares because the only thing I can think about is keeping him safe and loved.

I'd cuddle him so close to were I felt safe and would fall sleep.
The boy and I were a duo, a team if you will. He had my back and I had his, even if he was only eight years old.

When I was his age I had to walk an hour to school, by myself.
Then when I got to school I was bullied and ridiculed by other children, because I was a freak to them. I'd sit in the back of the class with a blank stare, no one cared, no one asked. I hated people so much before Riddian found me.

In my head, the world wasn't a place ment for me.

Either God hated me and sent me here out of spite or he accidentally placed me bere. Everything changed when I met Riddian and Mister Condor.
I felt like I had a purpose, for the first time in my life I was actually happy.

As time went by I thought I made a best friend. I thought Lillian was my best friend.

I was so wrong.

Best friends don't try an kill each other when there back is turned.
They don't make deals with people to get to hurt you, and they don't hurt people you care for.

I didn't know it was possible to hate some one so much.

I really didn't. All I wanted was to be happy and she took it away from me because she wanted to be better than everyone. Even if she had to kill children to get it.

I remember fighting with her. Fighting an unfair battle. Me with just my hands, and Lillian with two vary sharp knives.
I begged her to stop. Asked with everything in body to stop, but she didn't. She just kept going.

Trying to slash and stab at me as I spoke.

Never have I felt more betrayed in my life. Never have I felt so much hurt and pain in one day.

She took all the trust that I gave her and threw it into a blazing fire.
Making me so distanced and closed off.

How can someone you feel you know so well, hurt you so much?