Chapter 8; freak out

Zaira Pov:
Everyone walked through the woods. The faint sound of animals could be heard. Light walked right next to me with his hand enclasped in mine.

Light was the greatest kid, but his past made him vary... how do I say closed off.

I looked at our tightly nitted hands and smiled.

I chuckle and keep walking.

Emma stopped talking to Jacob for a second and looked back at me, then behind me.

An all-knowing smirk graced her lips as she slowed down, so that she was walking with me.

Her light blue dress stopped just below her knee and she glanced back before looking at me once again.
" Sooooo~ Zaira......" She began.

I looked at the odd girl with a single raised eyebrow. " So Zaira What?" I asked in a slightly mused tone.

She smirks and points behind me, " We've been walking for twenty-five minutes and Enoch has yet to take his eyes off you."

At the mention of the boy stareing at me I quickly turn to look.

I found that he was indeed stareing. He looked as if he were mesmerizing every detail upon me. Every crevice and crany of my face was going to be remembered.

His hands were tucked away in his pockets, and he had been wearing a small smile.

Heat rushed my cheeks at once.

Why was he stareing at me!?

I instantly look back to the way my body was facing and look at the ground to try and hide my embarrassment with my hair.

Emma was laughing maniacally as she faced me, " Told ya. I swear I've never seen Enoch with that face."

I shake my head in denile. " He was probably just..... Observing me. I did the same thing just before the walk." I tried to explain, but all my words came together jumbled and rushed.

Emma looked at me with a look a couldn't quiet explain. " Oh? So you observed his face? Is that what you mean by falling in love with him?"

My eyes grew wide at the mention of the L word. She actually just used that word!!!

Emma giggles, " I said it. I said the word."

Why do I even try with this god forsaken woman!?

Suddenly Light grabbed my hand tighter. I looked down at him instantly.

" Hey what's up Bud?" I ask quietly.
He stops moving for a moment as he looks down at his shoes.

" My feet hurt..." He mumbled absently. He was gonna be the death of me...

I bend down and quickly scoop him up like Riddian used to do and held him close as if he were a baby.

" Is that better Light?" I question him with a teasing smile.

I hear him yawn near my ear and nod as he burries his head into my neck. " Yes...Ma'am..." He responded.

My face held a look if pure joy as I craddled him.
Emma admired me closely. " Your good with him."

I press my lips in a thin line. " I guess so."
Honestly, I was awful compared to Riddian. Riddian could be in a room filed with children and take care if every single one.

We often talked about kids...

Like what would we name kids of our own.

I shake the distant thought away and smile at the ground.

Alot of people say forget the bad remember the good, but Riddian always said what will you learn in the future, if you can't remember the past.

I chuckle and look at Emma. " Riddian was better."

She gives me her saddest smile, " I'm sure you were just a good. I mean Light loves you to death."

I nodded and looked over at her, " Light loved me vary much but he was always on Riddians side. Sure he was a bit of Mama's boy-"

My voice was cut short.

Mama's boy........he wasn't really mine. He is basically my son, and I've raised him from a vary young age. He looks like me and Riddian.

He has my eyes and personality, Ian's hair and smile, and both our love and strength. He was a good boy.

Hurt rang though my chest but I smiled to hide it. Emma watched me carefully knowing what I was thinking, " He is your boy. He always will be your boy. Nobody can take him from you."

My eyed glossed over slightly.

" What if one day....he won't want to be my boy?" I ask in pain. My eyed drift to the sleeping boy on my shoulder.  His light brown hair covering most of his right eye so the only thing I could see was some of his peaceful expression.
I can't lose him. I can't lose anyone anymore.

Emma gave a true smile and put her hand on sleeping Light's head.

" This boy. Will never leave you. I'm sure one time or another we'll have to pry him off your leg." She said full of unshaken confidence.

I chuckle and snuggle the Light closer to me.

Emma puts a hand on my shoudler and stalks off towards Jake.

Those two make me want to puke with there cuteness.

The weird thing is, I used to be worse than them.

God Rachel use to say if Riddian and I didn't stop being cute everyone in the house was gonna start vomiting rainbows.

Everyone continued to walk silently. Well except for Miss Peregrine and Mister Condor who were vary engaged in a conversation.

" So I do Believe you had cought me staring at you ealier..." A sudden presence said from next to me.

I snap my head to the side and see Enoch walking beside me.

" God damn it Enoch! Your cheeky giant!" I whisper yell, in attempt not to wake Light.

Enoch laughed at my startled face, " Are you okay?" He asked with another Sly smirk.

I shake my head and catch my breath, " Yeah I'm fine. Besides the fact that I almost decked you in the damn thoat. I'm good."

He stares at me for a good three seconds before shaking his head, " Yeah sure, you can punch me and hold a kid at the same time." He said sarcastically.

I smirk and shut my eyes. Suddenly another me appeared beside Enoch and smacked the back of hus head. Quickly Enoch turned to the illusion of me as it disappeared.

He looked at me wide eyed.

" You did that!?" He shouted.

I nod, " Yes, now lower your voice. You do not want an angry demon kid on your hands." I tell him playfully and lay my head on Light.

Enoch smiles, " Y'know I was thinking."

I tilt my head and keep my smirk, " Oh that must be dangerous."

He nudges me, " Okay real funny. But really I want to ask you something."

I scrunch my eyebrows together and smile, " Okay what."

" I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with me later. Maybe 10:00 I really what to show you something." He asked as he rubbed the nap of his neck.

I smile and blush slightly.

" Oh...um sure." I replie.

He puts on a million dollar smile and walks off.

Wow....

Wow..........