Missing piece [Near, Death Note]

He was always missing a piece to a puzzle. Whether it be a confusing case to one of Y/n's mood swings, he never could find one important piece. That was until Y/n pointed out one of them, something he overlooked, but he never considered. His love for her. Now when he says he loves her, he means it, but alas he fails to show it, no emotion, always has a monotone voice, he seems like a innocent child, until Y/n got herself in a, what seemed to her, hopeless crush on Near, and knowing him he soon found out.

" Y/n-chan! Can you stay for awhile and help me?" The innocent looking Near asked, giving her a adorable smile." Sure Near, what do you need?" She asked, suspicious of the 16 year old boy, that she had a faint crush on." Can you help me find my missing puzzle piece?" He asked the young girl with the beautiful e/c orbs." Sure, so what does it look like?" She asked Near, hundreds if thoughts going through her head as she waits got his answer." Its white." He relies simply, a smile on his adorable, yet sweet face. She can't make up her mind on either if he is adorable or sweet but he is always both around her. She had no idea what he did, what he had planned or what he wanted, the smile on his face hid all emotion.

After about a hour they found the piece, taking away Y/n's reason to hang out with Near. Before leaving, Near snuck up on her, scarring the poor girl." Yes, Near?" She asks, jumping a little." Can you look at my puzzle?" Asked Near, his monotone voice, staying the same. Nodding, Y/n followed Near until he stopped and picked up the puzzle." So, Y/n, what do you think?" He said, his voice sightly going up a octave, which Y/n found adorable. Looking at the puzzle, Y/n gasped, as on this puzzle was "Happy birthday Y/n, I love you", as she read this