Chapter 1

Adrien's POV

After all the events with Kagami being akumatized, Mr. D' Argencourt decided to give her another chance. I hate to admit it, but she is better than most of the people who are trying out for the team. Marinette and the others did come back, but I don't know if they know that they might not get a spot. Kagami entered the building in her gear, minus her mask, and walked over to the machine. This time, instead of facing me, she'd face one of the newer but fast learning students, Luka. Luka walked over to the machine too. Mr. D' Argencourt got in his position to judge if there was a tough call.

"This is so riveting," I said, not really realizing that Marinette was listening. She giggled at me though.

The two connected themselves into the machine. Luka touched Kagami with his weapon and the machine replied with a loud 'buzz'. Kagami did the same to Luka and got the same reaction. The two retreated to their en garde lines after that. They stretched any not already relaxed muscles before saluting each other. I could feel my heart racing as Mr. D' Argencourt yelled, "En garde!"

The two put their masks down and prepared to battle. Luka probably didn't care if he won or lost, but Kagami needed this. If she won, she would get to partake in our class and competitions.

"En garde?" Mr. D' Argencourt asked to two very ready fencers. They simply nodded as the older man looked between them. "Prêts? Allez!"

With that, it had begun. Before anybody knew it, the machine buzzed, indicating that Kagami had gotten Luka. Mr. D' Argencourt outstretched his hand to Kagami, meaning she got the point.

The entire room erupted. Kagami and Luka took off their masks and shook hands. Then, the team made their move. Everybody ran over to congratulate Kagami on her win. Marinette and I ran over after the ruckus had died down to congratulate her ourselves.

"Wow! That was really good," I said to the blue haired fencer.

"Thanks! I can't wait to practice along side all of you talented fencers," she replied.

"You deserve it! You did really good," Marinette smiled at Kagami wholeheartedly.

Kagami blushed. "Y-you r-r-really think so?"

She sounded a little more enthusiastic than I thought somebody would be.

"Nope. I know so," Mari replied.

Kagami blushed even more, "T-thank you, Marinette."

"No problem," she smiled at the blushing girl.

Our attention was soon brought to Mr. D' Argencourt. "Boys and girls, please welcome our new fencer, Kagami Tsurugi!" Applause followed that announcement and Kagami smiled, then blushed when she looked at Marinette. "Thanks as well to anybody who tried out! You may now be excused."

"That's my cue," Marinette had gotten less shy with me and waved goodbye. "Congrats again Kagami!"

"Y-y-you're welcome," she waved after Marinette, a blush still present on her cheeks.

"Hey, are you all good? Are you tired after such an eventful day?" I asked my new teammate.

"Of course I'm alright. Why wouldn't I be okay?" She was a little too defensive with the statement.

I waved my hands in defense. "You are just red in the face and you stumbled on your words."

"You're very observant," she argued.

"Even a blind or deaf man could tell that you're tired," I shot back.

"I'm not tired, okay," she crossed her arms over her chest and looked away.

"Then what are you?" I asked leaning toward her.

"You-you wouldn't understand," she looked away.

"Try me," It was my turn to cross my arms.

I was challenging this girl, and she seemed pretty competitive.

"T-there's somebody I..." she trailed off, probably scared to share what's up with her.

"Somebody you?" I tried to get her to finish her sentence.

She just continued to stare at the ground, a blush very present on her face.

"This person..." she trailed off yet again.

"This person?" I pressed for her to share with me.

"They're just so..." she began but, surprise, she trailed off the sentence.

"They're just so?" I was getting a bit impatient.

"I like somebody and they make me nervous and super shy," she spit out.

It was almost so fast that I had to go through my memory again.

"Really?"

"No I made it all up," she sarcastically replied.

"Okay, okay. So, who's the lucky guy?" I playfully nudged her in the side. She mumbled something that I couldn't make out. "I'm sorry what?" I leaned in a little closer to try and hear her better.

"Lady," she simply stated.

"Huh, what do you mean?"

She explained, "You asked, 'who's the lucky guy? You should be asking, 'who's the lucky lady?'"

She was still looking at the ground but I could hear her. It took a moment to process what she meant by 'lucky lady'. It confused me for a moment, but then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"I'm so stupid," I hit the side of my head with my palm, "I shouldn't have assumed, I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. People just don't expect me to be gay or they just ask before they think. It happens more than you'd think," she shrugged.

"Oh. Is she pretty?" I nudged her again.

She laughed and looked up at me.

"Definitely," she blushed again, but was still looking up.

"What does she look like?" I asked, wondering if I'd recognize this girl.

"Oh, she has the most beautiful ocean blue eyes! She has blue hair just like mine, but she always has hers in these adorable pigtails. She's in great, great shape. She's kind of shy, which I just find so cute. And she has a knack for designing," Kagami's eyes were twinkling as she described her crush.

I was trying to put the pieces together. Ocean blue eyes? Midnight blue hair? Adorable pigtails? Great, great shape? Shy? Designing?

Oh shit.

"M-MARINETTE?" I screamed at the top of my lungs out of shock.

"Shut up," Kagami shushed me, a terrified look on her face. "You never know who's listening."

She looked around like she was being hunted by the FBI. "And it's just a crush that I don't want everybody to know about!"

"I can sort of believe that you are into girls. For me to believe that you are into Marinette, though, that's crazy!" I exclaimed.

"I can't help falling for her. It's involuntary. Besides, it's not that hard to fall for her. Just think about all the amazing things she has to offer," she told me.

There was a honk outside, and we both looked up towards it.

"Oh, that's my ride. If you tell anybody, I'll kick your ass, Adrien Agreste," With that she walked off.

That left me to think of all the amazing things Marinette has to offer. And I slowly felt myself blush and smile at the wonderful thoughts.

Wait—blush and smile?!