Chapter 17: The Return

Raven's POV: The Hospital

Emma and I walk into Kathryn's room. "Emma, Raven," Doctor Wale says, "Come on in. Look who's awake." He waves his hand over Kathryn. Knowing Wale like I do, leaving him alone with Princess Abigail gives me a bad feeling. She's still alive, and I will still protect her. 

"Hi," she states weakly.

"Listen," Emma asks, "We don't want to take a lot of your time, but do you remember what happened?"

Kathryn thinks for a moment. "I don't know much. Um, I was in a car accident and I remember the air bag going off and the next thing I knew, I was in the dark in some basement. I didn't see anyone but there was food and water." She turns her head to Wale. "And I guess I was drugged."

"Yeah, we're still trying to flush that out of your system," Wale comments. I put my hand gently on my friend's shoulder.

Kathryn continues, "And then I woke up in a field at the edge of town, and I started walking. That was it."

"You saw no one?" Emma replies, "You didn't hear a voice? Or smell perfume? Cologne? Anything?"

"No, nothing." Kathryn looks down and says, "I wish I could help. Especially since, when I was gone, you thought I was dead?"

"Your D.N.A. matched the heart we found," Emma explains.

I decide it was my time to speak. "They're grilling everybody down at the hospital lab to see who doctored the D.N.A. results. I might head down there later. I tend to be a bit more..." I stop to find the right word. "...persuasive than others." Wale gives me a look.

"Why would anyone do this?" Kathryn asks.

Emma exclaims, "We think someone was trying to frame Mary Margaret."

"But why?" Kathryn states. "I mean, who would do something like that?"

We leave her question unanswered. We begin to leave the hospital when Emma asks me something curious. "So, what happened to you after we found Kathryn yesterday?" she asks.

I let out a forced laugh. "Haha, funny story..."

___________________________________________

Yesterday:

I turn into bats after I'm far enough away from the commotion at Granny's. I go to the town line, waiting for the police car. 'What are you doing?' Riker asks as we wait.

"Something stupid and rash," I explain. "As I said, I'm sick of doing things the Storybrooke way. It's time to do things my way." I walk over to the woods. I stand next to the tree. I place my hand on the tree and close my eyes. The tree's roots grow rapidly. They begin to build a wall where the town line should be. 

The bus soon arrives with Mary Margaret inside. They stop at the wall I created. The police men get out and investigate. When they do, I take my chance. I grab one from behind. I bite into his neck, drinking his blood; enough to knock him out but not to kill. The other turns to see me and almost screams. I cover his mouth with one of my hands and bite his neck as well. Once they are both knocked out, I walk to the back of the car. I open the back doors, revealing Mary Margaret. "Raven?" she says. "What are you doing here? And why are you covered in blood?"

"All good questions, but the answers will have to wait." I pull out my phone and dial 9-1-1. "Can I get an ambulance at the town line?" I ask. "There was an animal attack. I'm taking Mary Margaret back to her holding cell until further notice." I hang up, and look at the wall of thorns. I wave my hand, and they begin to retract. "Come on, let's go."