Chapter 21: Revenge is Sweet

Raven's POV: In front of the Mayor's House

I watch as the riot in front of Regina's house with Riker next to me. "How you feeling, bud?" I ask.

"Weaponry, might I say," Riker replies. His skin glows white. He transforms into his sword. I move the hilt around in my hand. 'About time!' I watch as the people drag Regina out of the house. She tries to use her powers, but it does not work. Everyone is excited in this. Emma pushes through the crowd, stopping Wale. 

'My turn,' I say. I look up at the sky, creating a hoard of bats. The people are silent when they spot it. I join the bats. I push through the crowd as the hoard and create a path for myself. Once the path is clear, I reform and chuck Riker at my mother's head. It barely misses. Everyone looks in my direction once the hoard subsides. "Well, well, well," I say menacingly, "Look what we have here." I walk up the aisle. "Powerless and defenseless, aren't we, Regina?"

Wale tries to stop me with a swing of his fist. I grab it before it can hit me. "Your little syringes full of vervain won't work on me now, Wale." I take the syringe from his hand and crush it in my own. It burns off some skin, but I say, "Just a tickle."

David runs in front of Snow with a stake in his hand. He jabs it into my heart. "Ah!" I fake scream. I fall to my knees, acting like I'm dying. Then, I laugh as I stand up. "Didn't work last time, Charming, still won't work." I pull the stake out of my heart. My skin quickly heals. "Riker!" I say. Riker glows and changes into a human. He walks to my side. I wrap my hand around Regina's throat. "I've been waiting for this for twenty-eight years." I extend my fangs and bring them down to her neck.

"Wait!" Henry shouts. I turn to my great-grandson. "Please, Raven," he begs, "She's my mom and she's your's."

"Henry, you know what she's done to me - to my brother - to my people!" I step back from her. "Thanks to her, there are only three vampires left. Thanks to her, my brother is who knows where. Thanks to her, I was trapped away from my home for twenty-eight years. What part does she not deserve?"

"Please, Raven! Don't become the monster they think you are," Henry says. 

I look down at him. "Riker..." I say defeated. He nods, transforming back into a necklace. I turn into bats and fly away.

On Neverland

I looked at myself in the mirror. I turned from side to side, staring at my dress (above). I let my hair down past my shoulders. I flattened out the front of my dress. I take a deep breath in and let it out.

"Your Majesty," someone called from outside. Knowing the deep voice and sarcastic tone, I turned to the door. Felix walked in and sees me. "Wow" was his only response. He poised himself and asked, "Are you ready?"

I nodded and replied, "Yeah." Felix offered me his arm. I took it and started walking out the door. It was time for me to get married.

At the Gold House

I land in my room. Quickly, I begin packing things with my vampiric speed. Riker glows on my neck and turns into his human form. "What are you doing?" he asks. "You're making me dizzy."

I stop what I'm doing and look up at him. "I'm getting out of here," I explain, "I'm going home to Neverland to see my husband and my best friend." Then, the ground suddenly shakes beneath us. Once the tremor subsides, Riker looks up at me. "I didn't do it," I shout. Suddenly, a bad feeling washes over me. My mother is in danger. Did I care? Hard to say actually, but I know who is behind it. I turn to Riker and hold out my hand. His skin glows and he turns into a sword. I turn into bats and fly to Gold's shop.