Avatar Roku (Winter Solstice, Part 2)

Aya's POV

"Let's go, Appa! Come on, boy!"Aang exclaimed, pulling on Appa's reigns. Appa growled, restraining Aang from pulling him. "Look, I'm sorry but Aya, Katara, and Sokka can't come to the fire nation with us. If they got hurt, I would never forgive myself." Aang averted his eyes in sorrow for a moment before yelling at the bison. "So get your big butt off the ground and let's go!" Aang pulled as hard as he could but Appa didn't budge.

"I think his big butt is trying to tell you something," Sokka told Aang, who turned to us surprised.

"Please don't go, Aang, the world can't afford to lose you to the Fire Nation," Katara informed Aang, sadly.

"I can't afford to lose you either," I added, staring at Aang with sad eyes.

Aang thought for a moment before standing up. "But I have to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means. I need to get to the Fire Temple before the sun sets on the Solstice; that's today!" Aang airbended onto Appa's head.

Us three stood in front of Appa, stopping Aang.

"We're not letting you go into the Fire Nation, Aang." Katara declared.

"At least, not without your friends," Sokka smirked

"We got your back." I grinned and Momo appeared on Aang's arm. Appa licked Sokka, who was disgusted by it.

"Eww!"

My siblings and I climbed into Appa's saddle.

"It's a long journey to the Crescent Island. You'll have to fly fast to have any chance of making it before sundown." The Senlin Village Leader explained, handing Aang a small bundle. "Good luck."

"Thank you for your-"

"Go!" The leader interrupted, pointing toward the ocean.

Appa promptly took off without another word.

---

The next day approaches quickly and we still had a long way to go. Katara, Sokka, and I were staring at the ocean with fear. I have to admit I am slightly scared of going to the Fire Nation, but I have to let go of fear.

"Come on boy, we've got a long way to go. Faster!" Aang ordered Appa, who picked up the pace.

"Aang! We've got trouble!" Katara warned, and I looked behind us to see Zuko's ship.

I gasped, "Big trouble!"

"Yeah! And it's gaining fast!" Sokka exclaimed.

Suddenly a fireball got launched toward us and I looked at Aang. "Fireball!"

"I'm on it!" Aang yelled and pulled Appa away from the fireball. I covered my nose due to the heavy smoke in the air.

"We have to got out of Zuko's range before he shoots another hot stinker at us!" Katara exclaimed.

"Can't you make Apaa go any faster?" Sokka asked Aang.

"Yeah, but there's just one little problem." Aang began and we all noticed the Fire Nation ships forming a blockade.

"If we fly north, we can go around the Fire Nation ships and avoid the blockade! It's the only way." Aang explained, looking back at us.

"There's no time!" I argued.

"This is exactly why I didn't want you to come! It's too dangerous!" Aang told us.

"And that's exactly why we're here!" Katara told him, confidently.