Chapter 3

A loud ringing noise filled the room. The same noise you'd hear from an alarm clock. Jim grunts and turns to his side, pulling the pillow over his head to try and shut out the noise. His eyes then shoot open as he realizes...he doesn't own an alarm clock. He rolls his eyes in frustration.

"Morph!!!" He yells.

He sits up on the bed and sees Morph shift back into himself, laughing.

"Cut it out, you little squid," Jim says, his voice sounding deep and groggy.

"You little squid," Morph mimics, licking Jim's cheek like a dog.

Jim chuckles, "Ok...ok. I'm up."

Still half asleep Jim proceeds to get out of bed. He stumbles towards the door and out of his room towards the bathroom.

He closes the door behind him and locks the latch. He proceeds to walk to the sink and turns on the faucet. He splashes his face a few times before looking at himself in the mirror; water dripping off his ridiculously long beard.

"This is it," he tells himself.

Today is the day he starts his apprenticeship. Depending on the job, he could be out in space for months on end. He honestly doesn't know when he'll come home again. Although the uncertainty is quite frightening, he wasn't. He wasn't scared of traveling to uncharted courses and meeting new people or discovering new worlds. This excited him.

The adventure of going off into space...it's something he's never gotten over. Ever since he came back home all those years ago, he has dreamed of nothing else. It was like an itch he couldn't satisfy, no matter how much he scratched.

He looks at himself in the mirror. He moves his chin left to right, eyeing his fully grown beard, debating whether he should keep it or shave it off. He then looks at his hair, which has grown quite long in these last 3 months; about a medium size length worth of growth. It's long enough to toss aside, but not long enough to be annoying.

After a few more seconds of mentally debating his options, he considers trimming it down significantly. He grabs the electric shaver and lifts it to his face.

《○○》

"Ben, take these plates to table 4. Oh and table 9 needs refills," Sarah instructs.

Gracefully handling all 5 plates, Ben walks back to the floor.

"You got it, Mrs. Hawkins," he nods.

He hums a merry tune while he serves the guest. Sarah gives the floor one more look, just to make sure every guest has what they need, before she walks back to the kitchen.

Even though the Benbow Inn has been rebuilt, almost 8 years ago, Sarah still can't get over how luxurious it is. With all the money she spent into making this place look spectacular, she's ultimately reaping its' benefits. Now more than ever she can finally take it easy. With a cook, a whole kitchen staff, host, server and bell boy, all that's left for her to do is manage the business.

Business couldn't be better actually. With the old port, not too far  from the Inn, having been rebuilt, extended and reopened, the endless amount of ships that stop by is what has made the Benbow Inn the talk of the town. With this much revenue, she saved enough for an extension; creating more rooms and an outdoor patio she's decorated with extra tables and chairs.

A smile grows across her face as she reminisces over old times. When it was just her and Jim. She sighs a breath of slight exasperation before it turns to a humorous chuckle.