Chapter 2

3 months later

Jim is putting the final things into his last box. He closes his drawer shut, tapes the box shut and places it on the pile that's somewhat neatly stacked on the right side of his room.

He looks around, sighing. No longer the room of a roudy teenager, no longer messy and disorganized. Now it's clean! Not a thing out of place, save for the things he's taking with him.

He chuckles at the memory of him being messy. Man, how things have changed since then. To think his room, although cleaner, still resembles that of a teenager.

With him being in the Academy...there was barely any free time at home so he didn't keep much around and since graduating it's just been work, work, work. He immediately dove back into helping out his mom run the Inn. He really didn't have the time to settle in, even more so now that he's getting ready to start his apprenticeship tomorrow. There was simply no reason to redecorate his room at all.

The last couple of days have been nothing but packing and making sure things are in order. He always feels a sense of guilt whenever he leaves his mother behind to run the Inn, even though he knows full well she's got plenty of help now. He still worries.

Now all that's left, after packing everything, is a tall dresser, a desk, and his queen size bed. The top of the dresser holds all his medals and trophies, while in the academy, something he takes a lot of pride in because he worked so hard for them.

Jim walks over to his closet and pulls open the double doors. Empty, of course, the only things left were some hangers and old shoes. He looks to his left and sees a worn out box sitting on the shelf just above the hanging rod. A half smile tugs at the corner of his lips. He reaches for it and pulls the box towards him, bringing it down. He nestles it unto the floor and kneels downs, carefully opening it before peeking inside.

Inside the box were relicks of the things he managed to bring back from his trip to Treasure Planet, all those years ago.

The box contained an old sketchbook, a jar of comet dust, a piece of rope, a piece of debre from the start that went super nova, his black, over sized, leather jacket (that can barely fit him now) and a couple of pictures that were taken by Dr. Dopplar during the voyage.

He picked up the bundle of pictures and skimped through them. He laughed at a couple and sighed at others. He then catches sight of his old sketch book and reaches for it. He undoes the leather straps and opens it.

It's been a while since he's drawn anything really. Except for that one time he doodled on his written exam at the academy and got caught...so he had to retake it. That wasn't fun. He's lucky Professor Clement did fail him, because, Jim actually drew him in a not so nice way.

As he flipped through the pages he decided it would be a good idea to take a blank sketchbook with him just for leisure.

Suddenly, he stops. His eyes widening just slightly. As he stares at the drawing he can feel his eyes begin to water. It was a poor depiction...but it nonetheless looked like him.

John Silver.

He remembers sketching him one day during their break before lunch time. Silver was in his kitchen attire and leaning up against the rim of the boat, arms propped up as he leaned out towards the edge. He was smoking his pipe and staring off into space, lost in thought.

A soft pain tugged at his heart. He then shakes his head and clears his throat. He closes the sketchbook and stuffs it back into the box. He pushes the box back into the closet and gets up.

"I hope you're taking care of yourself, Silver," he says softly before closing the closet doors and going to bed.

Tonight will be the last night he'll be on a comfy bed. He recalls his time sleeping in the RLS legacy and moaned at the thought of having to go through that again.

He lays down, sleep quickly taking over. His eye lids feel heavy and he yawns. Just as he's getting comfortable, Morph flies in the room and proceeds to lay next to Jim, on the pillow.

"What took you so long?" Jim asks, smirking.

Morph burps and snuggles into the pillow.

"You gotta stop eating the scraps off the plates, Morph," Jim sleepily chuckles before drifting off to sleep.