Chapter 1

4 years later

Jim stands in line, by a small flight of stairs; that lead to the auditoriums stage. The line advances as each students name gets called and they walk on stage to receive their diploma.

"James Planeties Hawkins, graduating top of his class. He will start his apprenticeship under Amelia Dopplar, Capatain of the RLS Legacy. This apprenticeship will last 2 years before he can receive his official Captain License."

The moment Jim heard his name he straightened up and lifted his head. He took in a deep breath and exhaled as he walked up the steps and unto the massive stage. The lights shined brightly. He couldn't make out anyone in the crowd, but he can hear his family and friends cheering above the sound of thunderous applause.

He walks towards the Academy's Superintendent and reaches out his hand. The superintendent shakes his hand firmly, smiling at him. With his other free hand he gives Jim his diploma.

"Well done Jim...and good luck," he tells him.

Jim nods and walks off the stage.

《○○》

Jim follows the crowd of graduates towards the main lobby of the convention center, where parents were already waiting to congratulate their kids.

"Jim! Jim! Over here!" yells a very excited 8 year old girl with brown hair.

Jim's eyes search through the crowd until they land on a young girl, who is jumping up and down while waving her arms around like a crazy person. A smile spreads across his face and he walks over to her.

"Hi Andromeda," he smiles wildly.

She crashes into him in a lovable hug but pulls away almost immediately, frowning at him.

"Jim, I already told you...it's Emma," she corrects, looking down frowning.

Jim looks at her, "No...that's your middle name...plus...Andromeda sounds way cooler," he disagrees.

She rolls her eyes, grabs his hand and begins to pull him through the crowd.

"C'mon! They're this way," she grunts annoyingly.

Jim chuckles, but follows behind, knowing too well not to get on her bad side. She may look shy and timid behind her huge glasses, but Andromeda has a punch that'll knock your teeth out.

She leads him to the far left of the main lobby where he sees his mother, Ben, Morph and the rest of the Dopplar family. Jim embarrassedly smiles when he sees Ben waving and yelling like a mad man.

"CONGRATULATIONS JIM!!"

Jim finally stands in front of them and looks at Ben pointedly.

"Thanks Ben...now can you stop yelling?"

Ben's arms drop to his side, "Sorry."

Sarah then hugs Jim tightly, her eyes filled with tears.

"I'm so proud of you, Jim. This is the happiest day in my life," she chokes.

Jim returns the hug, squeezing her tightly before releasing her. She stares up at him, smiling. As she stares at her son, Sarah is overwhelmed with the realization that Jim is no longer a little boy...but a man; a man who has far exceeded her expectations. She's over joyed with seeing his success and how far he has come. The long hours of studying and the relentless dedication to better himself fills her heart with pride. No other person deserved greatness the way Jim did. He worked excruciatingly hard for it and now...he was only a couple of steps closer to reaching his goal.

A tear streams down her right cheek and he brushes it away with his thumb. He can feel the tears well up at the corner of his eyes but he blinks them away.

"Thanks mom," he says sincerely.

"Jim!" yell 3 fairly excited kids.

"Ooph!" he lets out as he gets jumped on by the rest of the Dopplar kids.

"Hi Violet, William and Mary," he greets, while trying not to drop them.

Violet and Mary managed to jump into his arms, while William was attempting to crawl up his leg.

"Children. Children!" Amelia snaps, her eyes growing wide, "You're all acting quite obnoxious...get down."

The kids whine and Jim puts the girls down....while William simply slides down his leg.

"Congratulations Jim. We're all very very proud," Delbert says, placing his hand on Jim shoulder and smiling.

"To think you were a jouvinial delinquent merely years ago. I still remember the day you boarded my ship...you've come a long way James. You should be very proud," Amelia states.

Jim looks to her and nods.

"I am...thank you again...for accepting my apprenticeship."

"I was quite surprised when I received it. You know first hand how I am...but I was nonetheless honored. You do realize I am going to be exceptionally hard on you."

Jim laughs, "C'mon Captain...I mean...I did used to babysit the kids," he jokes.

Amelia doesn't laugh. Jim's smile disappears.

"Right....well, can I at least let my hair grow out! I look like a stuck up buzz head."

"My job is to teach you how to be an exceptional Captain...I could honestly care less about what you do with your hair," Amelia answers indifferently.

"Oh no...Jim...please. You look so clean cut...emphasis on the clean," Sarah jokes.

Jim rolls his eyes and they begin to walk towards the exit, talking and laughing and smiling. No one could stop smiling.