Wow! A Thrird Chapter!

When I woke up the next day, I rolled over and look at the clock, glad it was summer, especially because it was almost two in the afternoon. I unplugged my phone and walked downstairs. "Afternoon, sleppyhead" my Mom teased. "Hello to you too" I teased back. "Is the mail here yet?" I asked. "Haha, no, not yet sweetie, but I'm sure it'll come later today." my Mom reassured me. I groaned and got some cereal and milk. 

     I was reading in front of the T.V. on the couch, when the door bell rang. "I got it!" I shouted as I tripped over the back of the couch and rolled onto the floor. I quickly got up, dusted myself off, and answered the front door. There stood a mailman, and he handed me the mail. I thanked him and shut the door. "MOM!" I shouted up the stairs. "IT'S HERE!!!!" I shouted. She quickly came running down the stairs, with my brother behind her. My brother Max, was in his last year of college. He played football and seemed pretty tough, but he was a big softie, yet extremely protective and a huge dork. "Open it!" They both said at the same time I was already throwing all the other mail over my shoulder. In total, I had applied to about 6 colleges, I wanted to make sure I got into at least one after all. I counted 6 letters from colleges in today's mail. I opened the first one, and it said this

Almost all of them said pretty much the same thing! I opened the last one, and it said this 

Just please pretend that there is no collage name, and ignore the names of these letters, idk what they all look like, okay?

Just please pretend that there is no collage nameand ignore the names of these letters, idk what they all look like, okay?

 I had been accepted to a college! I was so happy! "So, how's college?" Max said grinning. I hugged my Mom and Max, and then went upstairs to call Zoe and Becky. "Guys! I made it! I'm going to college!!!! I shouted into the phone. " Okay girl, I hear you" laughed Zoe. "And congrats!" "Yeah, you earned it! But I can't hear anymore" chuckled Becky. "Did your guy's letters come yet?" I asked ignoring both of their previous statements. "No, not yet, but they should by the end of the week" said Becky. "I hope so, I have no idea when mine are arriving" said Zoe. 

  After we talked for a few hours we said our goodbyes and I hung up. I went downstairs to see if Mom and Max were home, and I found Max asleep on the couch with the T.V turned to an old action movie. I found Mom in the kitchen pulling dinner out of the oven. "Just in time for dinner" my Mom said with a small smile. "Can you set the table and wake up your brother please?" Mom said. "Of course" I said as I got out the forks and plates. After dinner Max said he had an annoucment. "Okay, so those isn't that big of a deal, but I just wanted to let you all know I got my own apartment! Now I don't have to live with the annoying roomates!" He said with such enthusiasm it made us all laugh. "That's great bro!" I said. "Yeah! It really is, but what's your job? And are you going to have roommates in your apartment?" asked my Mom. "Well, I have a part time job at Wendys, but I've been saving my money for a long time and cause of my times the restaurant is busiest so it pays enough in a month." he said. I don't think that's why he gets payed well, but I won't question it, and he seems so proud and I don't wanna ruin that, so I keep my mouth shut. It seems like Mom is thinking something similar and and she just smiles and wraps Max and me into a big hug. "Aww look at my daughter going off to college and my son living on his own!" she said proudly. "Aww, Mom don't go all emotional on me" said Max teasingly. I chuckled and said "And college won't be that far away!" "I know, but my babies are all grown up" she said smiling proudly with a tear in her eye. We all embraced once again, and I decided to remember this moment. A moment of happy sadness, because the reason we are usually crying or emotional, is not because we are happy. So I decided to cherish this moment and hold onto it. I wish I could say it lasted longer, but it didn't last long enough. After everything was cleaned up, and everyone was sleeping, I dreamt of long forgotten memories. Well, not forgotten, but ignored memories. The ones that now make me miss my father, the dad before he got sick. Even when he got sick he was always listening, giving good advice, and doing and being everything a dad is supposed to be. Somedays I miss him so much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I hope you guys all liked this chapter, and will we find out exactly what happened to Ari's dad? Maybe.... guess your just going to have to keep reading to find out lol! And ik, sorry for changing her brothers name, but it was supposed to be Max in the other chapter as well. Don't forget to vote and keep reading! (If you want I'm not forcing you) I hope you all have a good day! 

-Lia 🐢🌻