May 1957

*ring ring ring*

I woke up to my alarm clock like I do every morning.

6AM.

I pulled me sheets off of me, got out of bed, made myself look decently presentable and went downstairs to make breakfast.

I yawned and started to get out the ingredients for pancakes. Ever since mother passed away about 6 months ago, I was the only woman in the house, so I made breakfast for my father and the boys.

I cracked the eggs, put them into the flour and added milk and butter. Then poured the sugar in and added couple pinches of salt.

I light up the stove and heated the pan. I poured the batter on to the pan and waited.

"Goodmorning Diana," I turned around to see my father coming into the kitchen.

"Goodmoring father," I replied with a smile. I always smiled at my father to try and keep him happy. My mother's death did take a big toll on me, but it also took a huge toll on my father. I felt bad for him. The love of his life, gone...

I smelled my pancakes almost burning. I flipped them over quickly and then finished off the rest of the batter. I placed the plate down in front of my father.

"I'll go wake up the boys," I told him.

I walked up the stairs and knocked on Paul and Mike's door.

"Wake up sleepy-heads!" I called to them. They groaned and rolled over.

"I made pancakes..." I whispered.

They perked up and smiled.

"Pancakes?"

I nodded.

They got up quickly and ran downstairs. I mean, everyone loves pancakes, who wouldn't be excited?

I followed them downstairs and sat down at the table too.

They gobbled down the pancakes so fast I could barely have some myself.

"Have you two thanked your sister?" My father said raising an eyebrow.

"Thank you Diana," said Mike.

"It was delicious!" Said Paul with a grin.

I smiled and thanked them back.

*~*~*

After I cleaned up breakfast I went upstairs to take a shower. I walked past the boys room and heard Paul playing his guitar. I peaked in around the door frame and listened for a while. He was humming and tapping his foot. Paul was an amazing player.

"You wanna come in and listen?" I looked up at Paul, he was laughing a bit. I must have zoned out.

"Sure," I replied.

I sat down next to him on the bed and looked up at my big brother.

"You're so good Paul! I wish I could play like you."

"Aw stop it Diana."

"No, I'm serious. I'd be amazed if you don't make it big."

"Well, thanks," he giggled.

"Mother would be so proud of you..." I snuggled into his arm and listened to him play a bit more.