April 26th, 1958

I'm pretty sure I've cried myself to sleep every day after what happened. It had completely killed me inside.

It broke my heart.

George had been calling nonstop. My father has been getting annoyed. George even showed up at our house a few times, but Paul drove him out.

Apparently after I walked off from George the other day, Paul started to punch him and beat him up. John had to pull him away before anything serious happened.

-

"You can't stay in your room forever," Paul said as he brought me some tea.

"Watch me," I replied, taking a sip.

Paul sat down next to me on my bed and put his arm over my shoulder.

"I know you're mad at him Diana, and I am too, but you can't stay mad at him forever."

"I want to though," I mumbled.

"Look, John's having a little party at his house tonight, Mimi's out of town. We'd love it if you came along," Paul gave me his famous puppy dog eyes.

"I assume George would be there as well," I said, taking another sip of my tea.

"Well...yeah," he said.

"Then I don't want to go," I laid back down on my pillow.

"Diana, please. You need to stop thinking about this! Just get out of the house for once!"

"Fine! I'll go," I snapped, "But I'm not talking to him!"

*~*~*

I showed up to John's house wearing the best dress I had. It was a short, black, slim fitting dress that was about thigh-length.

I wanted to make George jealous and drool over me. But he couldn't do anything about it.

Paul and I walked in and were surrounded by other members from bands and a lot of John's mates from school. Not to mention a lot of women for them...

I coughed, inhaling clouds of smoke and taking in the distinctive smell of alcohol. It was ghastly.

John walked over to Paul and I, a bit drunk with a girl under his arm.

"You guys made it!" He shouted over the music, "Here."

He handed me a beer. And I gladly took it from him.

I saw George down the hall talking to that Ringo guy that I met the other night. He was wearing his black turtleneck...He had planned that, he knew I loved that damn turtleneck! He was desirable...

He spotted me and we both looked at each other for a moment. George quickly ended his conversation with Ringo and started to walk over to me.

I quickly pulled Paul with me into the living room. We sat down on a couch and were then greeted by Dot. She and Paul started to do whatever...and I sat there next to them drinking my beer.

-

After about 10 minutes George still hadn't shown up to annoy me.

He must've tripped in the hallway and fell into a girls mouth...

"Hey, you gonna be okay?" Paul asked, getting up with Dot starting to walk away.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Well, we're going to go," Paul smiled and wrapped his arm around Dot, leading her out of the living room.

I sighed and picked up the newspaper on the coffee table and started to read a few articles.