August 12th, 1957

I was laying out in the back garden reading one of my many books when Paul opened the back

"Hey Diana, do you mind if John and George stay the night? Since dad and Mike are out it will pretty much be the same." He stood in the door frame.

I perked up.

Butterflies filled my stomach.

I toned my excitement down a little.

"No I don't mind Paul," I said nonchalantly, "How long are they staying?"

"Just for the night, then we're going to rehearse tomorrow morning here."

"Fine with me," I replied.

"Do you mind maybe making some dinner, since I can't cook?" Paul laughed a little.

"Ugh, fine Paulie," I moaned opened my book again.

"Thanks Diana!" He turned around and closed the door behind him.

I then rolled on my back and looked at the blue sky and clouds.

I took a long sigh.

John and George were staying the night.

John and George.

George.

George Harrison was staying the night in my house.

And, oh my god. I needed to cook dinner!

I quickly picked up my book and ran inside. I needed to make a good, official first impression on George.

I didn't know what to make so I flipped through my mother's cook book.

I decided to make a nice and simple chicken casserole.

Everyone loved my mother's casseroles, so hopefully George would as well.

*~*~*

I put the casserole in the oven and went upstairs to quickly freshen up.

I put on a nice, black dress. It was mid-thigh length, so it wasn't too out there that I was trying to impress someone.

I combed my hair neatly and Paul knocked on the door and came in.

"The guys are here-" Paul looked me up and down, "You better not be trying to get John. I told you not to!"

"I'm not! I just want to look nice, that's all," I shrugged.

He nodded, "Fine."

Paul walked out of my bedroom and I heard him go down the stairs.

He didn't even think about me trying to impress George. That's good I guess.

I soon followed Paul downstairs.

I heard the boys talking amongst each other in the dining room.

When I walked in I saw out of the corner of my eye George, and even John, taking quick glances at me while I took the casserole out of the oven.

I felt myself get red in the face and all of the butterflies came flying back.

Paul snapped at them to stop. They did, mostly.

I placed the casserole in front of them.

"Dig in," I said.

I sat down next to Paul, across from John and diagonally from George.

And we all started to eat my dinner.

"It tastes great, Diana, just like mother's," Paul said with his mouth full.