Chapter 3

"Should we drive?" I question as we enter the elevator. I sold my car back in America and haven't had time to go car hunting, so I've been walking or taking a taxi.

"Nope we can walk. You need the excersise anyways." He chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, thanks."

The elevator door sings before opening and we step out together side by side. As we pass Niall at the front lobby desk, I wave and smile and he gives me a suddel wave and a 'hi'. Liam opens the glass double doors open and I thank him for the small, but kind gesture. We walk in silence for a good couple of minutes until Liam stops and looks at me.

"I need to tell you something." His lips are pressed together in a straight line and his eyes are soft. He seems extremely nervous and I am starting to feel strangely uncomfortable. I take a breath and nod for him to continue.

"I've been wanting to tell you this since this morning." He pauses to clear his throat and awkwardly rubs the back of his neck as he looks at the ground. "I just don't want things to be awkward between us or anything, you know? I'm just really scared of what you'll think." He studies my face, waiting for a reaction. I just bite my lip and look at my shoes.

What does he have to say? I don't think I'll like it, whatever it is.

"I-I like..." Oh no! I feel the air between us getting thicker and I can't. breath.

"I, well um, I like chocolate icecream but I don't like chocolate." He blurts and I gawk at him in disbelief. I whack his arm as he throws his head back, his mouth depraving a big smile and a childish laugh.

"Not funny! I thought it was something serious!" I can't help but laugh along with him as we start to walk again. He is unbelievable.

We reach the door as Liam and I begin to regain our breaths. My side hurts more than ever at this point in time. I look up to see a giant sign that reads 'PinkBerry'. The name fits a fro-yo shop perfectly and as we enter the shop, there is barely any shoulder space. Liam leads me through the crowd to the frozen yogurt machine and we both grab medium bowls.

"Wow." Liam breathlessly States and I look over to see his hands down at his sides and his eyes loom like they're going to pop out of his head. He looks like an adorable man child in a giant Toys R Us.

I put two forefingers under his chin to close his mouth and I chuckle. He really is adorable. He blinks rapidly for a second, snapping out of his dream world.

"So many flavors!" He presses his cheek against the cold machine ans puts his hands against it as if it might disappear.

"Are we actually going to get some yogurt or just melest the machines?" I push him out of the way and put a mix of banana and strawberry into my cup. I stroll over to the topping station and grab some gummy bears and sour worms. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I spin around, almost falling onto Liam. He grabs my elbow and chuckles as I straighten out my clothes. I can't help but stare at his beautiful smile and the way his dark eyes spark and light up when he laughs. He isn't adorable, nope. He is more properly described as hot.

"Uh, you ok, Lori?" I shake my head, returning to the real world. I feel my cheeks warm as I realize Liam just caught me staring...at him. Oh God. I mentally slap myself for neigh such a moron as I collect my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't call me that, please." He doesn't speak, instead nods as he piles sprinkles on his yogurt. I swear I see him smirk, but I dismiss the thought as I grab a green plastic spoon. I get in line and grab my wallet from my back pocket.

"What are you doing?" I look to my right and see Liam staring at me and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. What does it look like I'm doing?

"Paying for my fro-yo?" My statement comes out as more of a question.

"No you're not. I can't let you pay on our date." He smirks and I gawk at him in horror. I can feel warmth going up my neck and towards my cheeks at the thought of this being a date.

"Who said this was a date?"

"I did, like two seconds ago." He speaks as if it is the most obvious thing as he pays the cashier andwalks towards the door. I follow behind him, struggling to keep up.

"This isn't a date." I state bluntly as I sit across from him at an outside table, but I can't help but smile at the word date. Stupid! I mentally slap myself for blushing.

"Isn't it? We are playing footsies. " He gives me a mix if a childish grin and a smirk as I look under the table to see our ankles intertwined with eachother. I quickly kick his shin, a little harder than intended. He tries to hold in a groan, but biting his lip couldn't hold it in and my heart drops at his pain.

I try to ignore his evil glare as I put the last of my yogurt in my mouth. Just before I stand up, Liam puts his hands over mine, looking me in the eye.

"Way to ruin a date." His whole tone is serious, but after a moment of silence and death stares, he laughs, letting me relax and letting go of my hands. I walk over to the trash can by the door and throw away my empty cup and used spoon. As I turn around, I jump and let out a small involuntary yelp, causing Liam to laugh and cause my stomach to flip.

"This date isn't over." He whispers and I feel his cool breath brush against my face. My stomach flops again as I realize how close our faces are. I freeze in my place as words do not come to me so I just nod. He backs up, never breaking eye contact.

"Let's go." He surprises me by grabbing my left hand intertwining our fingers together. He doesn't look at me, instead at the sidewalk in front of us with a smile plastered to his face as he realizes I'm not going to pull away.

*dedicated to mscutieanime for the cover on the side*