Chapter 16 (Longer chapter)

"Min, why didn't you tell me you were Suga?"

He visibly flinched at my question. You could tell he wanted to answer me because he kept opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water, trying to find the right words. After some time, he sighed and looked at the ground. It seemed he was gathering his thoughts and questioning how to start. Suddenly, he lifted his head and he looked me right in the eyes.

"I was planing to tell you, I really was."

That statement left me in shock. He was going to tell me? But what made him change his mind?

"Then why didn't you?"

He sighed again and began his explanation.

"One time, during practice, the other members found my phone unlocked. At that time you and me were getting along great. This was before I disappeared for one year and I was planning to tell you who I really am. When the guys found the text messages we were sending to each other, they kept teasing me and making fun of me."

So that's why? Because he didn't want to be teased?

"But then, RM suddenly got serious. He told me that I should keep the texting to a minimum, because I was an idol and someone could get ahold of the texts and ruin your life. After that, I stayed silent and continued with practise. Inside tho, I was in a turmoil. Yes I wanted to keep talking to you, but could I risk your safety and privacy for something as selfish as this? My answer was obviously no."

So that's why he disappeared...

"After that day, I decided to distance myself for a little while. I planned for it to be for about a month, but things like the new album and tour got in the way and it ended up being a year. Even though RM warned me, all of them could notice how sad I was. They knew I stopped texting you, and wanted to help. Around that time, my stupid mind decided that you were better off without me. That you would be happier and you would be safe."

Well, at least he admitted that he was stupid..

"One day, Namjoon confronted me. He said that he wanted to talk and led me to our room. We were roommates and still are, so it was easier for him to get me alone. What surprised me, was that he apologised. He told me that he was sorry about telling me to stop texting you and that he has felt guilty ever since. I was shocked because not once did I blame him for this. After I assured him that it was fine and that it wasn't his fault, he encouraged me to talk to you again. He told me it was a good idea because he had noticed my mood at that time. Of course, I was skeptical, I mean what if you didn't want anything to do with me anymore? Then, I decided I had nothing to lose and texted you, hoping you would reply. And you did."

I did reply, and I'm not the least bit sorry I did.

"I decided that I wanted things to be back to normal, but I wouldn't tell you my identity because I wanted to keep you safe. But, I felt guilty for not being able to tell you. Fortunately for me, a chance to tell you appeared. Do you know what that chance was?" He looked at me.

I knew what that chance was.

"You coming here to preform and me coming to your concert. That's the chance isn't it?"

He nodded his head.

"That's right. That was the perfect opportunity to tell you about me and see you in person. But, I was still afraid. I didn't know how you would react to me being Suga so I didn't tell you right away. That's why I didn't want to know how you look like before. I wanted to give you a chance. If you still wanted to talk to me, you would come here, but if you didn't, you could leave and never talk to me again. I wanted you to have the freedom to choose if you still wanted to talk to me or not. And im not complaining about the choice you made." He grinned at me.

I laughed. With everything he just told me, I knew that we would be okay. But, he wasn't finished yet.

"I have something else to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I like you, Marie. I like you a lot. I purple you."

You smiled at his words.

"I purple you too Min."