She is...childish yet so mature

Sharon:

I don't know what has suddenly happened to Swayam. He was all good till yesterday and then suddenly today morning why did he seem so lost, as if something was bothering him. Even after asking him multiple times, he didn't answer me. Is he avoiding me? Why would he? As much as I know him, he always used to avoid people when he wanted to stay alone. Let me check on him once more. "Are you fine?" I send him a text. Waiting for his reply, I'm constantly pacing up and down. He surely knows how to worry and scare me. As I am busy thinking what is wrong with him, my phone vibrates. He has replied, "Need to tell you something important, meet me at the park at 6pm". I keep on re-reading it till I'm tired of thinking. My mind is clouded with his thoughts.

Swayam:

Since the time I've received his call, I'm not able to focus on anything. What does he want from me? After leaving me stranded for almost 10 years, what makes him suddenly think of me? I was happy in my own little world. Chachu, Chachi and Taani they're my only family. And ofcourse my best friends Rey and Sharon. As I am lost finding the answers to my questions, my phone vibrates. It's a text from Sharon, "Are you fine?" It reads. I was always so thankful to God for sending one of his angels, Sharon. She has always been there for me, with me, to guide me, to bring me out of darkness by being the source of light. She's my only Sunshine. Truly, she's a blessing in disguise! "Need to tell you something important, meet me at the park at 6pm" I hit the send button.

At the park

Swayam:

I'm in a hurry, running late. It's already 6:15 and I'm almost running down the road. I stop in my position as I see her. She's playing with the little kids in the park. I keep staring at her and the kids as I see how happy and peaceful the sight is. All of my sadness vanishes away as I see their happy faces. I see her making weird faces with her tongue sticking out at one of the kid. I can't help but smile myself as I start approaching them. I take babysteps one at a time as I reach them. She doesn't notice my presence until she sees me playing with one of the them.

Sharon:

It's already 6 and he hasn't arrived yet. Looking how pale he looked in the morning I assume that he won't come today. As I'm about to leave, I see some kids playing and running around. I love kids and I have always admired them, how a little kid teaches us so many things. And as I see a kid approaching me to play with them, I can't hold myself back. I start running around like them. I'm making some weird expressions at them, they laugh and imitate me by doing the same. Their laughter is so contagious! Being with kids and playing with them has always made me feel like one. I'm lost in my own world until I see him playing with one of them. I'm quite astonished at first to see him play because he didn't really like kids. While I loved and adored kids, he was the exact opposite. We both are fooling around with the small bunch as I suddenly remember the purpose of us meeting here. I stop him from running.

Swayam:

We are all enjoying ourselves and I feel as if my childhood has returned. I'm running around as one kid is trying to catch me. I am suddenly stopped by her. She gives a stern look and I fathom that she wants her answers. We move aside and sit on a bench. Usually whenever she gave me such a look, she would instantly start shooting me with her questions one by one. But today she doesn't seem to ask me anything, as if she knows that it's a very sensitive thing for me. We sit in silence for a while taking in the moment. She seems restless as she finally breaks the ice. "So how are you now?" She asks me and I assume that she had noticed my odd behaviour today. I did try my best to pretend and act normal, but it's Sharon, she will come to know. "I was just a little lost in my thoughts, nothing more" I lie. I don't want to talk about yesterday. "You know you don't know to lie, tell me, I'm all ears!" she says with calmness evident in her voice.
I take a deep breath and begin to speak "Yesterday I received a call from him, from Mr. Shekhawat. He was asking me to come there, to London to join his business. He had left me when I was a toddler and now he expects me to join his damn business" I say with frustration. "He's your dad Swayam, maybe he's just a little worried about your future" she says trying to calm me. "No Sharon. I can never trust that man. After Maa died, what did he do? Instead of taking more care of me and being there with me he left me with Chachu and Chachi! On what cost? Just so that he could set up his business empire!" I say being almost in tears. "Maybe he did that for your future, so that you wouldn't have to face things like he did" she says. "And what about Pallavi aunty? Did he marry her for my future as well?" I ask her with tears dripping down my eyes. This time she doesn't give me an answer. She decides to remain quiet because she knows I miss Maa, she knows how much I've craved for my parent's love even though Chachu and Chachi never made me feel like I'm not their son. She somewhere knows that I'm right and he's wrong. "And I made myself clear to him that I am not interested in his business and that I want to build up my own empire. Then why? Why has he returned? To make my life hell?" I ask her venting out all that I've been thinking since yesterday. She of course doesn't know why, she just holds my hand and asuures me "Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine, we're all here for you, I'm there with you, we will fight together". I smile meekly, intertwine our hands and mumble a "I love you" to her. She just smiles back and tightens her grip on my hand assuring me that everything's gonna be alright and that she loves me, promising me that she will always be there for and with me no matter what.

We sit in silence for a while. "So how did it feel playing with the kids?" She asks me breaking the silence. Being surprised myself, "It felt magical" is all that I can utter. "See I told you" she says with pride and I let out a chuckle.

As we sit there taking in the silence, feeling comfortable in each other's embrace with our hearts connected, recalling our encounter with the kids I think surprisingly...

She is perfectly childish to join in my weirdness yet so mature to handle my emotional side.

****

Phewww! 1230 words! By far this has been the longest and the most time-consuming chapter I've ever written! This one is very close to my heart. Okay I know I owe you all and apology! So sorry for not updating for like 3 months! I was just not prepared and not much satisfied with anything that I was writing! And I have some news! I'm working on another story, it'll be posted soon! Stay tuned! Till then enjoy! Reviews please! :))

Much love,
Sunshine :))