The Next Morning

It was the next morning. Since Undertaker's room was currently occupied, he settled into one of his favorite coffins while Gwendolyn retreated to her room.

Grell was the first to wake up, which was quite rare. He was greeted by the natural light of the sun, which is strange that it is present in Undertaker's room. The light her face. Noticing, her glasses were not on her face, she felt around her until she found them. After placing her ruby red glasses on her face, she looked around the room. ' I don't remember going to bed here,' she thought. She looked down at the bed to see her daughter sleeping soundly next to her. That was when everything came flooding back to her. Grell couldn't stop herself from crying again. Deciding she shouldn't wake her daughter up, she left to find the bathroom. It wasn't too hard to be honest.

Grell washed her face, in order to calm down. That kind of worked. She looked at her reflection in the bathroom mirror. I am not saying she looked ugly, but her hair and makeup was a mess. It was obvious that her mascara had been running last night. Nonetheless, Grell simply cleaned up her face. She would redo it later. There were much more important things to take care of.

Grell walked around until she heard faint commotion coming from a room that she suspected was the kitchen. Indeed she was right. None other than Undertaker and Gwendolyn busying themselves at the kitchen counter. Undertaker was the first to notice the redhead's presence.

" Ah, good morning, Grell!" Undertaker said, flashing a smile. " Come, sit. I'll pour you some tea." Grell sat down at the table. Not long after, Undertaker poured her some tea. She drank in silence until, little footsteps could be heard. Gradually getting louder.

A young, tired-looking Harriet appeared. " Morning." she said.

Gwendolyn responded this time. " Good morning, Harriet. You're just in time. The pancakes are done." Gwendolyn gave a sweet smile. Harriet took her leave to sit down next to her mother. Not long after, four plates of breakfast appeared before them all. The sweetness was short lived though. Breakfast very awkward for them all. For instance: Grell didn't know if Harriet would forgive her for lying, Gwendolyn was questioning if she should have been present at last night's "conversation", Undertaker was concerned for both Grell and Harriet's future, and Harriet was simply still recovering from last night.

After everyone finished breakfast, Gwendolyn took everyone's plates, undertaker excused himself to go to work, and Grell and Harriet left for home.

They walked along the roads of London in silence till they reached their home. Grell finally mustered up the nerve to say something.
H
" I'm sorry, Harriet. I should have told you all of this sooner. " Grell had a somber look in her eyes. Some could say it was guilt while others might say pure worry.

Harriet, being the emotionally mature girl that she was, understood why her mother didn't tell her. " It's fine, Mum. I understand why you didn't tell me. I forgive you." This opted a smile from Harriet's mother. Grell ran to Harriet and enveloped her in a hug, kissing her forehead a few times too. It felt nice for both of them, each one content with what had gone down. Perhaps being a witch wouldn't be that bad after all.