Explanations

" Sutcliff, you have quite a bit of explaining to do!" A brunette reaper slammed open an office door, he walked through with quite a fervor. This reaper was William T. Spears. following behind him was our red headed reaper, Grell, with quite a solemn look on her face. Her striking red hair seemed to dull along with her demeanor.  " Why on Earth is Potter alive?! Do yu have any idea what this could do?! What were you thinking?!"

The red head did not respond.

" Answer Me!" Spears screamed.

As quick as the crack of Satan's whip, she replied( more of shouted) to her boss, " What I did? What I did?! I saved an innocent child's life that's what I did!"

" She was destined to die." Spears' voice grew dangerously low.

" Do you expect me to leave a child to rot, even though you know I desperately want to have children? Do you expect me to kill the one thing that I have vowed to protect?"

" She's a human! You will outlive her! We are gods of death not mortals!"

" Human or no, she is my child! I have raised her this long what is it to stop me now?"

" You are delirious. Our jobs is to kill the living. We can't, in right conscience, nurture a human child!"

" At least I can try!"

Spears readjusted his glasses. " Sutcliff, I urge you to let the child be. If you keep her, you will have to revoke your rights as a shinigami."

" Then. I. Will." The reaper turned to leave, but something grabbed hold of her wrist. " What?"

" I don't... I don't want you to leave." Will's tough expression broke. " You wouldn't be permitted be in this realm. You wouldn't be permitted to be with me."

Grell was dumbfounded, but quickly said what was on her mind. " How long have you felt this way?" 

" Always." (phhhbbbt! I had to >u<.)

Grell stroked the brunette's cheek. " I have too." Will leaned in, only to be stopped by Grell's hand. " But that won't stop me from protecting Harriet." And she turned to leave, never to set foot in this realm again.

And there stood William T. Spears. A person who just won and lost everything he wanted as he watched a red headed reaper exit his life... Forever. 

Or so he thought.