Chapter fifteen: He's Not Fine

~Jonah's point of view~

"CYRUS!"  I attempted to run after him, but was stopped in my tracks.

"I'd give him some space." Letting lose of my arm, Buffy motioned for me to sit at a booth with her.

"What was that about? I've never seen Cyrus so.. upset.." I sat down in front of her, fiddling with one of the menus on the table.

"I can't exactly tell you."

"Well why not? He's my friend too, I'd like to know what's upsetting him."

She looked at me with an apologetic look in her eyes, "I'm sorry Jonah, but it's his place to tell you, not mine."

"But if you told me maybe I could help him get through whatever it is." I pleaded, I really wanted to know why Cyrus was crying. It hurt me to see him so upset.

"Look Jonah, I really can't go into detail about what happened since it isn't my place to say, but I can tell you that he's being blackmailed."

Blackmailed? Who would wanna black mail someone as sweet as Cyrus?

"BY WHO?" I said, a bit louder than I intended, causing a few heads to turn in our direction, but in my defense, it angers me that someone would do such a thing to one of my friends.

"Shhh, you don't have to be so loud."

"Sorry, but who's blackmailing Cryrus? And why would they-" Before I could finish what I was trying to say, Buffy cut me off.

"I've already said enough, if you wanna know you should just talk to him after he cools down."

"But what if he doesn't wanna talk to me? He literally ran out on me just a minute ago."

"He's still trying to process everything, just give him some time, I'm sure he'll be ready to talk about it Monday."

"I hope so.."