Joining the Hunters

Joining the Hunters NOTE: THIS CHAPTER IS DONE BEING EDITED.

I was shocked. She actually just offered me a place in the hunt. But I was also confused.

"Isn't the hunt only for girls between the ages of ten and forteen?"

"I am willing to make an acception to my rule. I believe you would make a good hunter."

"I...I don't know," I stuttered, "Can I have some time to think?"

"Yes you can, look at this while you think." she handed me a brochure.

I looked at the brochure, on the front it said A WISE CHOICE FOR YOUR FUTURE! on the inside there where the hunters fighting monsters and hunting normal animals for food, and another of them just sitting around a camp fire. One caption said HEALTH BENEFITS: IMMORTALITY AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU! and A BOY-FREE TOMORROW!

"Immortality, a boy free tomorrow," I whispered tracing the letters, I already knew that was part of being a hunter, but the brochure seemed to confirm it.

For a moment I actually thought I had made up my mind and was going to join, but then I thought about Charlie and Rene and everyone else. They would be worried and heartbroken. Actually, that was probably an understatement.

"Have you made up you're mind yet?" asked the goddess.

"Not yet," I replied.

One of the hunters came up to me and said.

"You really should join."

"Well whats it like?" I asked.

"Awesome you get to roast you're food every night. You have immortality, a boy free life, and are free of responsibility."

Free of responsibility, I thought.

I thought back, for most of my life I had looked after Renee, cooking and so on, since I was more of an adult than she was. Then, when I moved to Forks, I still did the cooking, and looked after Charlie's house. The only time I really did anything for myself was when I dated Edward, and asked him to change, and that resulted in my broken heart. Then I had to act strong for Charlie. For once I wanted to do something for me, and not just to make everyone else happy. That settled it; I was going to join.

I looked up at the young looking goddess "I have made my decision," I told her.

"And what is that?" she asked.

"I will join."

"Good choice," said the hunter. "Now all you have to do is this."

The hunter told me what to do and say, then it was my turn, I knelt in front of Artemis as I was supposed to and said,"I pledge myself to the goddess Artemis. I turn my back on the company of men, accept internal maidenhood, and join the hunt."

"I accept you're pledge," stated Artemis.

Artemis then explained a few more things, such as how to summon my bow and arrows. After that she had a hunter show me to my tent. I had it to myself instead of sharing it with any other girls, like the rest of the hunters. I would find out why later. When I had settled in, I went back to the godd- er... lady Artemis's tent, and said...

"My Lady I have a favor to ask."

"Yes Bella, what is it?"

"I was hoping I could go back home to my father till he goes to sleep, so I can say goodbye to him," I replied nervously.

"You know you can't tell him what is really going on," warned lady Artemis looking slightly concerned.

"I know, I was thinking of leaving a note saying I ran away when he goes to bed and then come back here," I suggested hopefully.

"Yes you may do that, in fact you may go now."

"Thank you my lady," I said. I turned around and left the tent.

I exited the camp, and began to walk back to the meadow. After arriving there, I headed I the direction of my truck, taking care to be faster this time, as well as no trip too many times. When I finally reached my truck, I got in and drove home, and walked from my truck to the house.

When I got in the door my father was waiting not looking very pleased.

"Bella its late, where have you been?" he asked in a stern tone.

"I'm sorry dad I was just hanging out with Jessica and Angela."

This seemed to please him.

"Are you seeing them again tomorrow?"

"I don't maybe. I'll get started on supper."

"Okay." He said, before going into the living room.

I made sure to make Charlie's favorite meal (fish fry) and desert since this would be the last time I would cook for him. When I was done I set the table and called my father to dinner.

"This is good Bells! Whats the occasion?"

"No occasion I just felt like cooking an extra special meal to make up for being late."

After eating I washed the dishes and then went to watch baseball with my dad. Finally after about two hours my father went to bed, I gave him an extra big hug -which seemed to make him uncomfortable- before going to my room to pack some cloths and other stuff while I waited for Charlie to fall into a deep sleep. Now you may be wondering if I even cared about what everyone would do after I disappeared, I did, it broke my heart to leave them but for once I wanted to do something for me instead of trying to keep everyone else happy. I packed all my reading books and some of my cloths to make it actually look like I ran away, which I did but that diden't mean a hunter would need all this stuff. Finally I heard my fathers snores and I crept downstairs quietly downstairs took out a pen and paper and wrote.

Dear Charlie

I am sorry but I can not do this anymore,

this town holds to many memories of HIM

and I can't go back to Rene since Phoinix

will also remind me of HIM. Please don't

look for me and remember, I love you and

you have been an awesome father. Please

give my best wishes and love to Rene,

Phil and the rest of my friends. Best

wishes to you.

Bella

I left the note next to a breakfast I made for Charlie I set both on the table. And then leaving the with the bag of the few posesions I would keep for as long as the lasted which of course included pictures of my family which I would put in my scrap book the next night I was alone in my tent. When I got to camp the wolves that were guarding made sure I was a hunter before happily letting me past I went into my tent a cried all my tears out before finally falling asleep.