The Battle

This chapter

might be a little scary depending on how good a writer I

am so it is not really recommended for all ages.

The Battle

We have been traveling for almost a week and still had one more day more day of it till we got to Camp Half Blood. For the past week the original schedule had changed, the pack all had to eat in their wolf forms since we were not allowed to hunt as much. We were only allowed to hunt at night, so all the hunters and I mean every one of them hunted or gathered every night cooked everything they hunted so we would all have enough food to keep us going the next day. Every morning we got up packed up and traveled till sundown and ate while walking and drank from our water bottles.

Finally it was sundown and another day of was over so all of the hunters set up the camp quickly and went to hunt or gather. Walking in the forest quietly I began to look for berries and such, all of the hunters prefer hunting rather than gathering, so not many of us bothered to gather--that's why I was doing it. After gathering all I could hold I headed back to camp and helped the rest of the hunters cook all the game. Finally we finished the cooking and ate then packed up all the food and went to bed.

The next morning we all packed and started walking again. We were moving faster today so it was hard to eat while on the run but I managed. It was not long till I was working up a good sweat and extremely thirsty. It was like this all day long since I had to save my water so I only took small sips when I really needed it, I could tell the Cullens diden't like to see me working so hard.

Just when the sun was beginning to set down we reached Camp Half Blood, a camper came and gave the Cullens and the pack permission to enter the camp before the the hunters and I went to there cabin even Lady Artemis was sleeping with us in the cabin. I think the pack were going to sleep as wolves in the woods since they wanted to be on there guard. When I got into my bunk I stared at the ceiling until I fell asleep.

The next morning when I woke up I went through they bag I always carried with me and pulled out a blue bathing suit. After putting it on I headed down to the beach and walked into the water and started swimming. The battle wasen't till at least around afternoon so I was swimming to wake myself up and to get rid of all the sweat from yesterday. I could feel the Cullens watching me but at the moment I diden't really care.

Squeezing my eyes shut and taking a deep breath I dived under the surface of the water. The father down I went the colder it got so I stopped swimming and opened my eyes. It was very pretty down here at the bottom there was seaweed, rocks, and seashells. Also there were fish swimming around with the rays of sun hitting their scales making them reflect a little. As long I would have liked to stay there I coulden't because my lungs were screaming for air. As a hunter it was a very rare occasion that I got to swim just for fun so I really wasen't really that good at holding my breath for long.

So I began to swim upwards and after some seconds I broke through the surface of the water and took a big gulp of air, all the Cullens heads snapped to me. They were all standing at the edge of the water with the sun reflecting off of them with worried expressions, Edward was actually in the middle of pacing. Rolling my eyes I swam to shore and got out of the water and started to head to the showers in search of a towel. After finding a towel an drying off a bit I went back to the cabin and changed into some of my hunter cloths before heading to the traing section of the camp where I practice shooting my bow and arrow, I even practiced with a sword and threw some spears in case I ended up having to use them in the battle.

Finally it was time for breakfast so I headed to the Mess Hall. They were still serving breakfast today because all of the fighters would need the nutritions for today's fight, so I ate enough so I would have energy but not so much it would slow me down, unlike the pack who were sitting at a guest table chomping down all the food they could eat. My meal consisted of one pancake with some strawberries and syrup on top, a few pieces of baken, one egg and some milk to drink. The Cullens were no where to be seen since they were going on a big hunting trip, they have been hunting more often since the found out about the battle hoping it would help with there temptation of blood during the battle. They still diden't want me to fight.