Chapter 13: The Good and the Bad (Part 2)

This part is slightly graphic and upsetting. If you are offended by slightly graphic content, then feel free to skip this part. It's nothing overboard, but if you don't feel comfortable reading it, then you may skip it. There will be another set of bold text letting you know the end of the slightly graphic content.

A raspy voice whispers in my ear, "Now, I don't want to hurt you. But if you don't cooperate, then I'll have to." This voice is awfully familiar, but I can't place it. I start to whimper. I'm really scared at this point . I don't know what he's going to do to me. He releases my arms, but the knife blade is still at my throat.

 "Turn around. And if you yell, I'll kill you," he says, and removes his hand from my mouth. While shaking, I turn around, and I'm shocked to see who it is. It's Roman Lerman, the shallow guy from my science class. "You," I say softly. He smiles evilly. 

"You're so beautiful, Sophia. You have no idea how much I want you as my next victim," he says. He runs one hand through my hair, the other down to the side of my body, and he brings his head closer into mine. I'm disgusted. I take my hands and push him as hard as he could. But, it's not hard enough. He's just pushed back a little bit. His seductive face is now starting to get angry. 

"You're going to regret that," he says. In an instant, he's on top of me, pinning me down onto the cold, hard floor. My arms are beneath his knees, and I can't move any of my upper body. The second I'm on the floor, he clamps his hand over my mouth again and brings the knife blade back to my throat. 

"You could die in the next five minutes. Your life is in my hands. Remember that," he says. I don't have any choice but to comply. If I want to make it out of here alive, the only thing I can do is obey. 

"That's a good girl, Sophia. Now don't move," he says. He gets up off of me, while still pinning my wrists to the sides of my body. He then holds both wrists down onto my chest. 

"I can't wait to do this. I chose you specifically, Sophia. You were the perfect one. I chose you," he says, and he brings the knife back to my throat. I shake my head. 

"You don't have to do this, Roman. Please. Don't do this," I say. He smiles. 

"Oh but I will. You are so much like the others, Sophia. So beautiful, so innocent. I love that. I love the innocence in your eyes. But I love the look in their eyes when I'm doing it to them. It's the thing that I enjoy the most about doing this," he says. 

He takes the knife and he presses the tip on my throat. "Roman, don't. I have a family. I am a sister. I am a daughter. I'm a granddaughter. I'm a niece. I'm a cousin. But, I'm someone. You don't know what you're going to do to my family if you do this. You're going to cause them suffering forever. If you do this, you are depriving my family of someone they love. You don't want to do that, Roman. Please," I say. 

He shakes his head. "I love when they plead. I love when they're at my mercy. But how do I know that you aren't going to go tell the police if I let you go?" he asks. I shake my head. 

"I promise. I won't tell the police. Just let me go," I say. He shakes his head and presses the tip of the knife harder against my throat. 

"That's what they all say. And I don't believe them Sophia. I don't. I know exactly what you're going to do. You're going to run down to the station, tell your daddy, and get me busted. But I won't let that happen. Ever. You're at my mercy. I shall do what I want to do with you," he says. I convey my last plea of mercy through my eyes. He looks into my eyes and smirks evilly. He then raises the knife high up in the air. 

I close my eyes, because I don't want to witness this. I can't witness the pain that's going to be inflicted on me. But before he can do anything to hurt me, the door is forced open.