five || harbinger

harbinger : a messenger with news of the future

"Alright Georgia, you're preliminary lab results are looking good. You are one-hundred percent approved for the trial in December." Dr. Rodriguez said to her with a grin, and Georgia smiled as well, Antonio squeezing her hand.

"So what's next?" She asked, and Dr. Rodriguez sat down in the rolling chair that was beside the exam table.

"We're going to continue to monitor you for the next two months, and then when December comes, you're going to come up to Portland for the surgery. You'll do the beginning of your recovery up there, and once we see consistent improvement, you'll be able to come back here to Utah. More details will be delivered to you when you sign out." She put in short, and Georgia nodded, looking to Antonio. He gave a grim smile and she looked back to her doctor.

"Thank you for everything, Dr. Rodriguez." She said softly, and her doctor chuckled.

"Don't thank me until this trial works, alright?" She commented, the three of them laughing. "I'll walk you out." She said, and the three of them exited the exam room and headed back towards the lobby.

"So we'll see you in a few weeks?" Antonio asked, and she nodded.

"Your appointments will remain the same. I'll see you in November." Dr. Rodriguez reminded as she sent Georgia and Antonio on their way. The two of them walked hand in hand towards her truck, and she got in the driver's seat to drive back to their home.

"Are you on call tonight?" Antonio asked.

"No, I have a shift. I'm on call tomorrow afternoon." She responded as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"You're off this weekend though, right?" He questioned, and she nodded.

"Yeah, we've got finishing touches for the wedding. You've got your suit and everything, right?" She confirmed, her mind instantly going towards all the planning they had been doing since she got home from Tokyo. They had everything almost set, the last thing being her dress and getting the rest of the dresses out to her bridal party. There was four weeks until their wedding, five until her last appointment with Dr. Rodriguez, then another four weeks until she was under the knife once again. The next two and a half months were going to go fast, but she could not wait to get married to her childhood sweetheart.

"I can't wait until you're Mrs. Rivera." He said with a grin, kissing the back of her hand.

"Me neither." She responded as she pulled into their driveway. "Want to do me a favor and go grab my bag? I'm already running a little late." She asked, looking to him with pleading eyes.

"Maybe, what's in it for me?" He questioned playfully, and she smirked. She planted her lips on his and kissed him deeply, pulling away a few moments later.

"There's more where that came from if you go grab my bag from inside the side door." Georgia teased, and he chuckled as his hand pulled on the handle.

"You're good, Georgia Jacobson." He muttered, then got out of the truck, walking briskly towards the side door and opening it. A few minutes later he was throwing her bag in the back of her truck for her.

"Thank you, handsome." She said with a grin, pecking his lips once again as he rested against the window frame of the truck.

"Be safe out there, GJ. Goodnight, I love you." Antonio pleaded, and she nodded.

"I love you too. Dinner tomorrow night?" She suggested, and he nodded.

"Yeah, sounds good. Have a good night." He affirmed, and she smiled, cranking her window up to block out the chilled air. She gave a wave as she pulled out of the driveway, Antonio watching her leave. Since she had returned from the Victory Tour, a tour that she only partook in half of, she had been working full shifts at the firehouse. The National Women's Soccer League was done until the spring, and although she would not be cleared until June if she was going to get cleared, they had made an arrangement where she would be helping out with coaching since she had been coming up with amazing and game saving strategies off the bat while she was on the field. She would not be travelling with the team due to the monitoring she was going under, but she would be watching every game and have Laura Harvey on speed dial.