fourteen || ataraxia

[ Wow this chapter is a long time coming. I'm super sorry for the delay on this chapter, but truth be told I have had no motivation to write this chapter. Now that I have finished it, I have a little more of an idea where I want to go with this, but since I have not been able to get my thoughts to words very well, I think this is going to be one of the last chapters of the book. As much as I love writing for you guys and sharing my ideas with you, I just don't know how long I'll be able to drag this one out. I did warn that I wouldn't be sure where to go with this, but you guys wanted it so I am trying my best. There will at least be one or two more chapters between now and the epilogue, but I cannot promise anymore than that. It would be a miracle if I could get it to that point, but I just don't think I will be able to. Well, anyways, without further ado... enjoy! ]

ataraxia : freedom from emotional disturbance; tranquility

As Georgia changed into uniform before her first shift back at the firehouse, she could not be any more excited. This meant that she was closer to getting back on the field with Utah Royals FC and hopefully still with the US Women's National Team. For now, she was able to support Antonio with Real Salt Lake FC and help out with coaching for the Royals, as well as save lives on Ambulance Eighty-five.

And it felt great to finally be doing something with her life after four months of being on the sidelines.

She french braided her hair back into a bun and stood up, grabbing her jacket off the bench and heading out to the main floor of the firehouse where they all hung out. The guys were already out there, and a mug of coffee was waiting for her in Robert's hands.

"The nice thing about you not back in soccer yet is that you don't have to rush out of here tomorrow afternoon." He commented as she sipped at the coffee, the piping hot liquid sliding down her throat. She winced at the heat, but Robert always made the best coffee for some reason, although they all used the same stuff to make it.

"Well, hate to break it to you, but I actually do. I'm coaching for the time being, until I'm cleared of course." She responded, and he just rolled his eyes at her.

"Do you ever know how to relax?" He asked, and she sighed.

"Robert, I've been relaxing for four months. I think I can handle this now." She assured, and he nodded.

"I know you can, I'm just busting your balls." He answered, nudging her as the sirens went off overhead.

"Ambulance eighty-five, man down. 670 West 3487."

"That's a problem, considering I don't have any." She scoffed playfully as they got moving towards the ambulance, causing Robert to laugh at her as they got going on the road.

--

It had been a long night, but it was great to be back. They made eighteen calls that night, which was a seemingly new record throughout the midnight hours, and some of them were a little out of place. Nevertheless, it was eleven in the morning the next day, and she was off to head to the Utah Royals first training session of the season. They would be going hard the next two weeks, some days with only one training session, some days with three. They would get Sunday off, but then back to work the next day. This Sunday they did not get off since they were starting on a Friday, which was off, but Coach Harvey wanted to get things moving the first day they could, and that turned out to be today.

She got permission to bring Duke to training that afternoon since they were going to be taking things easy and that way he would not be cooped up in his cage the entire day. Antonio was at his parents house until that evening, so when Georgia had left yesterday for her first shift back, he had been in his cage for fourteen hours. When she had gotten home, she changed into a pair of shorts, her Nike running shoes and elite socks, and threw on a long-sleeve Utah Royals shirt and threw her paramedic jacket back on, since it was warmer than anything else she owned. She was a relatively warm person, though, which was why she just wore shorts to the field. There would not be a lot of wind, and it was fifty degrees already, which was basically summer back in Portland.