Epilogue

4 years later

"Congratulations!!" Audrey's friends and family chorused as she stepped in the front door of her parents' house for her college graduation party. She was so excited to finally be done with college and start her career.

She walked over to her family, giving them all hugs.

"Hey, Audrey! Congratulations!" Austin's wife, Valerie said, hugging her.

"Thanks, Val!" Audrey exclaimed.

Just then, Audrey felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Congratulations!" Jessie and Noah said in unison, reaching out to her for a group hug. Noah and Jessie had been dating for 2 years now and they couldn't be happier. Audrey was so happy for them.

"Hey, where's Jack?" Audrey asked Jessie after a moment. He was supposed to meet her after their graduation.

"Oh yeah, he's out on the back porch. He told me to tell you to meet him out there." Jessie said as if she was just remembering the conversation.

"Oh okay." Audrey said, leaving to go find Jack.

As she reached the door to the back porch, she was confused when she saw light coming through the door. As she stepped out onto the porch, she gasped.

Twinkling lights were hung all over the porch and in all the trees surrounding the backyard. Rose petals led the way down the porch to Jack, who was standing in a shirt and tie Audrey had bought for him because it brought out his eyes.

Audrey's eyes watered as she took in the scene.

"What is all this?" she asked as she made her way closer to Jack.

"Audrey, I love you with all my heart." Jack started, tears springing to his eyes. "We've been together for four years now and my love for you has just grown more and more each day." Tears streamed down Audrey's face as Jack took her hands in his. "You are beautiful and caring and you have been there for me through the good and the bad, no matter what. I cannot imagine my life without you in it and I don't want to."

Audrey gasped through her tears as Jack got down on one knee, opening up a ring box.

"Audrey Elizabeth Greene, will you marry me?" Jack asked, his voice husky with unshed tears.

"Yes! Yes! A million times, yes!" Audrey exclaimed, pulling him up from the ground and kissing him passionately.

Just then, all their family and friends flooded from the house where they had no doubt been watching and clapped and cheered for them.

Audrey and Jack chuckled through their tears as Jack took Audrey's hand and placed the ring on her finger. They both looked down at the ring and then back up at each other before kissing each other deeply once again.

As their family looked on in happiness for them, Audrey thought to herself that she couldn't imagine a happier ending.

                                THE END